Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I was about to change my camping equipement especially my tents, I want to buy a tent for each of my 2 sons who are 14 and 16 and I was wondering what kind of tent should I get for them.
I saw these video of pop up tents but im not sure about them.
Quechua Pop-up Tents

What do you all think about those?

thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
Easy to setup, but need lots of practice to put it back together - You'll want to fold it back the same way so material isn't bunched and the storage must be flat like when you first bought. I also don't like the circular form because it's hard to pack and will be more prone to damage like poking and corners. For me these are ONLY good for a static campsite like a tailgater.

Since when tenting, things are so primitive and there is more time I'd go with a more conventional tent that you can carry to several places like when traveling from camp to camp or even backpacking.

While these are a novelty to me, I'm sure there are those who love them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Days ago I just linked in my personal blog to three videos illustrating how to set up pop-ups tents. (My page here)

Interesting I found that sales of these tents are booming in Europe where many use them to attend festivals and Art is right, most people have a hard time packing them back.

Also, with the conventional types the kids can learn how to improvise in case of limited resources because they need to setup the actual shelter piece by piece. (You can replicate the structure with tree branches and tarpaulins, cloths, or canvas).

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have an aprox 20yr old "sixty second tent", that we still set up from time to time. Our grew it, 3 room dome. Wife and I used it to camp every other weekend for 2 years on the Gulf Coast of Tx, drove from Houston.

It saw close to gale force winds on bad trips, and steady all night winds on good trips. Never once got close to folding. Worked great!

last time it was set up, this past labor day to house 2 9 yr old boys in Tionesta PA. it survived, again worked great. Also saw duty loaned to my sis and brother in law at Daytona Bike Week and Sturgis. Not one problem.

Maybe 2 or 3 years back, I saw it was still for sale around the net.

Very quick/easy to set up/tear down. Our is very durable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this forum, but I sell a couple of tents that would work perfect. They are 2 man mosquito with rain fly, 3 man mosquito with rain fly, and 2 man euro. These are instant tents that are of the upmost quality, and come with carring bag and stakes. You can view a set up and tear down video at http://www.timtowntents.com I sell each of these for $149 with free shipping. Just thought I would let you know these sound right up your alley!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.