Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
The best I've read about these models is from someone who advised to put a tray of ice in front of a fan before wasting money in this. They may work a little better in dry and low humidity regions, but I don't know of any 12 V AC unit in the market that works as a compressor unit. :no:

You will be better with a small window unit. I have a 5000 BTU unit that works as "portable" for my truck camper. I install it through the camper window before nightfall (can post some pictures later).

In the meantime Check this link for a window unit installed in a camping tent. There is some advice there and a photo.

·
Registered
100 Posts
^ that's creative, are they using an inverter\converter? (I always get the two confused)
The inverters convert 12, 24, and/or 48V DC to 110V AC. Too much for the batteries for a full AC unit. This is also my case, if going to primitive camping I'm left with my Fan-Tastic Roof fan and one tent fan running on the camper batteries.

As promised follow the picts of my humble installation.

I created a base for the AC unit that attach to the window frame and secures to a screw installed in the camper body (inside). Nothing fancy, but all the setting can be installed in a minute.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the advice!
I have already installed the "supersprings" leafs, but my vehicle also have front and back hitches for bikes and cargo plus the roof racks over the camper.
I'm already into the limits when adding the camping crowd... : )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.