Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all....I am trying to help a friend find some information

I have a friend that is "thinking "about moving to Exeter,NH,but has not been able to find out much about types of work might be in that area. Her husband mostly works in the building trades and is bilingual.

They are interested in making this move for 2 reasons (1)her son has been offered a scholarship to some private school in that town (2)to get away from some very Bad memories where they live now.

If anyone has any ideas about what the employment is like in this area I would sure like to hear about it,as I told her I would ask all the nice people here for any help they might be able to give .

Thank You all very much......Happy Camping ....luckylynn

·
Registered
971 Posts
Good luck with this one. We would do better to provide advice on where to camp and what or how to camp with, but a job? I suggest you try a job website for better results.

If you mean workamping, I suggest you find a workamping website. I've seen one of those and think there are more to pick from but somehow a Campercommunity website might not be the best place to look.

I'm guessing your request is mostly inappropriate for this website. While I'm a firm believer there is no such thing as a dumb question, I do think where you ask this question here, might not necessarily be the best thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry if I upset anyone....I did not mean to sound like my friend was looking for help to find a job or anything other than information from people that might live in this are about What the are is like from a personal stand point of someone that lives there and not just what she could read on a web sight.

I posted this question in Around The Campfire because of this wording of that topic I did a copy & paste to be sure I had the wording right.
Around the Campfire
General Chit-Chat. Off topic posts are welcome here. Discuss anything and everything here.

It seems I miss understood and made a big mistake by posting some general chit-chat that had nothing to do with camping.

Thank You all for your help and understanding of this mistake.Again I am sorry for my misunderstanding of a topic heading and for any discomfort I caused on the forum

luckylynn

·
Registered
971 Posts
In this particular case, I wouldn't consider this inappropriate, but it would not be the best place with this forum's membership unless you got real lucky. Most members here would be involved in camping and not necessarily recruiting, especially for such a specific location and therefore you probably wouldn't get any good advice, if any.

I belong to several other camping and RV forums and job searches don't do well at these types of forums and in the "campfire" topics. When this happens you'll probably always get some advice to check with better sources like job search sites because they would be so much more effective, by far.

I certainly wasn't trying to scold like you were a spammer, I was just suggesting you seek a better forum to gain this help since I don't think this would be the best place.

My apologies for sounding too authoritative. Otherwise, enjoy the Camper Community!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone far the help and information you have given me. I copied and printed everything for my friend . She was so excited because you suggested some sights to look at that she had not found and because she is starting to feel like they have a better understanding of the people and area.

Thank You all for your help........Lynn

I will not need to ask for more information as everyone has helped me all you can. Thank You all for your kindness and help.

Luckylynn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts