Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were camped at Gulf State Park several years ago, not thinking one night, I left a small cooler outside that we keep in the truck with snacks and stuff in it. The next morning, I had a mess to clean up. The ***** had a feast on the candy, candy bars and chips that had been left in the cooler. The next night, I thought I could get a little entertainment from the racoons. I got a 16 oz. drink bottle, filled it with leftovers from supper (pasta salad), punched a couple of small holes in the bottom (about the size of a pencil) and hung it from the awning at what I guessed would be head-high to a racoon. Shortly after dark, the show started. My wife and I sat inside and watched through the window while a family of ***** worked at getting to the food. We laughed at them swinging from that rope and standing on each other until bedtime. I don't think we ever cut the TV on that night. The next day, I went out to take down the **** feeder and it looked like they had somehow licked the inside of the bottle clean while it was still hanging from the rope.

Use caution if you do feed wild animals, my wife decided to feed these same ***** one evening and they chased her in the camper and were going in the door with her before I told here to through the food back out the door, that got their attention long enough to get the door closed. That was a pretty good show too, at least I thought so.:rotflmao1:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts