Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In October of 1983 wen my wife I first started dateing, we were camping at Tuttle campground in Pymatuning State PARK on the Pa-Ohio border. After eating our evening meal, we took a walk around the campground. While we were walking back, we saw several people standing on the road near our campsite who were looking at our site and laughing. Whon we got there, we saw five skunks wandering around our site. After about five minutes they wanderd away. After we went to bed, Vivian had to go to the bathroom. She unzipped the tent and took one step out, jumped back into the tent and said that the skunks were about five feet from the tent. She had to wait a few minutes till we heard the skunks leave. After that she kept an empty coffee can in the tent for emergency use.

·
Registered
132 Posts
rotfl....What in the world did you have that the skunks wanted so bad? Maybe your wife's cooking is a little too good since they showed up after dinner. lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
You are lucky you got her to every camp again!!!! hehehehe Just kidding!

I keep a coffee can in the tent too... but it is because my kids are so young, never thought about the "emergency" uses like skunks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Skunks keep the bears away. Skunks good. Skunks taste bad. Skunks smell bad. Skunks keep the bears away. Skunks good.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I don't know what attracted the skunks in the first place :scratchhead: , but I did hear that they are attracted to waste filled coffee cans :shocked:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts