Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked out my RV today to find that a tree limb had pierced my rubber roof. There is about a 7 inch hole that the tree limb created. I did not remove the tree limb because that would cause even more water to get in. Does anyone know if I can put a patch on this size hole? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The First step is to remove tree limb and clean your rubber roof till the extent of damaged area to see the exact area of damage.
If you’re doing routine maintenance, use a tube or two of self-leveling sealant with a caulking gun for any seam holes or cracks. Just be sure that you’re only using the self-leveling sealant on flat, horizontal surfaces as it is too fluid to stay in place on sidewalls. It’s the nature of the sealant… it flows and self-levels in order to smoothly and cleanly seal the surface you apply it over. And because it remains pliable it can flex and remain sealed, even if the parts it’s sealing expand/contract differently with changes in temperature or due to movement.

If you discover a puncture or tear on your RV roof, there are multiple RV roof patches and RV roof tapes (Eternabond is a popular & effective choice) that will provide a quick, easy, and durable fix. It comes in several different combinations of width & length, and several different colors

1 - 2 of 2 Posts