Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weekend we're going camping. I can't wait. It feels like for ever sense we went last. I think it's been a month....:shrug: anyway, this weekend we are going to Silent Valley. It's a private park but the sites are big and the playground is in view from the sites so the kids can go play whenever they want. Liam has been asking me to take him fishing. Ever sense he caught his first fish at Silent Valley, that's all he wants to do now. That ans watch the movie Cars. I love camping this time of year, the air is cool, fresh and crisp in the morning which is great with a nice hot cup of coffee. the trees are starting to change colours to which make for great camping pictures. It should be a lot of fun.
We have another trip planned for our Thanksgiving long weekend in October. We are goung back to another private park called Saugeen Springs. Nice park. Lots of hiking planned for that weekend. The sites are huge there, 50' wide and about 100' deep.
That will be our last trip of the year :comfort_: I can't believe summer is over today.:no: By the way Happy Fall! Anyone else camping this weekend?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like it will be a great trip. I wish we had sites here as big as the ones at Saugeen Springs. That is huge!

I live so far in the south that it's still pretty warm. I think we have better camping in the fall here, as it gets close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit quite a bit in the summer. Right now, we're in the mid 80's.

I'm hoping to camp this weekend but I am not holding my breath. Seems something always comes up lately. Happy Fall to you, too...and happy camping!

·
Registered
429 Posts
First day of fall sure seemed like summer with the heat! Yall have fun and be safe this weekend. We are trying to get things worked out to go this weekend, not sure just yet. Soccer has kicked in full force round here.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, we're off on another camping adventure. This one is our second last trip. They're calling for rain but hey. Screw the weatherman right! It's always better to have a crappy camping weekend then a good day at work! Anyway, we'll see you when we get back. Hopefully dry. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
I will try not to be too jealous!!! But seriously, I hope you are having a great time!

That is the downfall of my tent camping ways... my trips usually end when the summer does!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well we're back. We had a great.......WET! weekend. I never had a campfire under an umbrella before. Let me tell you that was fun. The best thing was, the umbrella acted like a heat catcher an re directed the heat back down, my back where it was the coldest. I was warm all night. I might just use an umbrella every time we go camping. ;) We had fun and the kids had a great time. That what counts. We did get a chance to go fishing but this time around the fish didn't bite. Oh well. One more trip to go before the unthinkable......storing it for the winter.........NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well being a Sled Head myself I won;t mind the White Stuff thats on gonna be on it's way soon enough.

I will certainly miss the warm weather and camping! This has been the best camping year we have had in many year's, I think we are up to 8 trips with one to go :thumbup1:

Glad you had a good time despite the weather, you are true campers!!!!!! :icon_smile_bbq:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well this is it!!! Friday we leave for our last trip of the year. And it looks like it's going to be a great one. We're off to Saugeen Springs RV park. Not a lot to do but we'll find things to do. A little R&R and lots of hiking to enjoy all the fall colours. We just bought a new truck too. I'm really looking forward to putting it to the camping test. She's ready to go and so are we. Well to all the Canadian's here on this great forum, have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving. We'll talk yo tou when we get back.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, make the best of it! Just dont do anything I wouldnt do :)

What kind of truck did you get? Diesel?

Thanks, we will.
We just bought a F150 Super Crew cab. It's really nice. I don't have a need for a Diesel just yet. For our trailer, this will do just fine.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're back!!!! What a wekend! I would have to say that this was the best weekend we had all summer. It was everything I was looking for that's for sure. R&R!!. I really needed a break. We are so busy at work I don't have time to eat a lunch never mind taking a break but this weekend was just what the Dr ordered. This was the last trip of the year :( but I have spring to look forward too. COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts