Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Ford F250 and an 31' Excel Rv. Now looking to go camping for the 1st time with the truck/camper. My wife of 28 years and I have tent camped with Boy Scouts all over the country, but I am looking to enjoy this camper with a shower and bathroom! I would appreciate any tips or suggestions on how to get started. I haven't read the 4" binder on the camper yet, but am getting ready to start. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you. We live in the North East portion of Tennessee. God's Country for sure! See you in woods!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome

A couple of things come to mind. 1st of all, take it to an empty parking lot and practice backing up to park. I have an F250 and a 30' Travel trailer and that helped a lot in the state parks.

If you have crank down stabilizers, bring a battery powered drill to raise and lower them. That makes live a whole lot easier.

3rd, if you don't have one, buy a blue tank. It is essentally a spare holding tank for your black and gray water. It keeps you from hooking and unhooking when your holding tanks fill up. Don't forget the latex or nitrile surgical gloves :)

Finally, while it is tempting to try out all the neat gadgets in the RV, take it slow and become very familiar with your new unit. I recommend "camping" in your back yard prior to going to a park. Most of all ENJOY!!!!!

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.