What kind of stove - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

What kind of stove

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Default What kind of stove

What kind of stove do you use? I had got 10 I think for 20$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Kept 4 sold 6 for 5$ each. I LOVE FREE GEAR
Old 04-14-2009, 07:50 AM

HAHAHA! Free gear ROCKS!
I am thinking about getting a stove, but at the moment I am still using the fire for everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 AM
_
Camper Type: None

I use a Cobb grill - expensive, but well worth it. One time I brought it home dirty, and left it in my back yard for 6 months. It still cleaned up like it was brand new. You put about 13 pieces of charcoal in it, and it can bake for several hours. It's funny to season up a pork loin and put it on for a couple of hours - you see people all over the CG looking around to see where that wonderful smell is coming from

Okay Todd, before you say it, I'll look and see if I put it in the reviews
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Primitive

I have a single burner propane stove that is my main hiking - camping stove. But its heavy. So my son and I built a couple of miniature stoves out of aluminum bottles. Their about 2 - 3 inches tall and use a type of gasoline antifreeze.

In the test runes here at the house, the stove was able to bring a small pot of water to boil in about 3 minutes. But we have not used it to cook anything yet. I mainly use my stainless steel canteen cup to cook with. But with this new stove I need a pot with a lid to help retain the heat.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:43 AM

I've used a lot of different stoves and still like my liquid fueled Primus "Omnifuel" but these days I'm a big fan of the JetBoil system (I'm primarily a hiking/tent camping type).
Old 06-01-2009, 07:42 PM

We usually use a 3 burner Coleman stove that I fired up for the first time in 20 years back in October. It fired up and works like a champ. It is hard to beat a Coleman Stove for reliability and simplicity.

Harry
PastorJoe likes this.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:30 AM

2 burner coleman stove
Old 10-07-2009, 02:21 PM

My favorite hiking stove system:
MSR Reactor Stove System - Austin Kayak - Product Details
Just got it last month from these guys. Boils faster than anything else I've used and is so self contained that I took it along in my daypack for a quick hot tea on an eveing hike.
Attached Thumbnails
What kind of stove-2141.jpg  

Old 03-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Camper

If you like do it yourself projects, then a "Penny Stove" is fun to make and actually work pretty well. That is what I took on my last camping trip.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Camper

When tent camping, I use an inexpensive Coleman 2 burner that I got for my son's camping. When we RV, I use a Camp Chef Expedition 2 burner that is awesome.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Camper

Stove????????????
Fire
Meat
Stick
Ugh!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Camper

WOW this is a very open question -- I am a stove collector and have over 160+ camping stoves -- When I go car camping I use a Coleman propane three burner stove and a propane grill and find that using these are quite handy for the fuel cost and ease of use. The fuel canisters ( propane ) costs $2.50 for each canister. I used to own a Coleman dual fuel stove ( Powerhouse 3 burner ) but found it to very messy to use and that you have to pump up the fuel tank many times to keep the stove working properly and them there was the soot problem -- it gets on everything ie.. the stove, pots & pans, griddle etc... and if you have ever spilled white gas on anything it will stink for years and using unleaded gas has the same problems but it is much more sootier that the white gas. I sold that stove and the duel fuel lantern as well. Propane does not last very long in comparison but it is so very much cleaner in use. I collect backpacking stoves and I am a gassy at heart ( iso-butane mix) fuel and I do have most of my collection in the dual fuel stove category I prefer the gas canister stoves for ease of use. If you plan on going to camp in altitude you will need a good white gas fuel stove as these are best in the high country -- above the tree line. Probably the most used stove in this case is the MSR whisperlite international stove as it will burn just about any fuel you can think of and or obtain.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Camper

Love my 2-burner propane Coleman.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

I use MSR Whisperlite (white gas) for backpacking (I have 3), a couple of Coleman propane two burner stoves for camping kitchen and one white gas model, and there's a full oven/range & microwave/convection oven in the fifth wheel. We've got what we need. Nothing too special. And an assortment of pots/pans/grills/griddles/baking pans for whatever we want to make.

I also have a couple of folding camp grills so use over a wood or charcoal fire if we have a pit. We also have pokers to cook over a fire and plenty of aluminum for direct coal/fire cooking and a pair of long tongues and gloves to be able to fish them out.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear

Last edited by artmart; 08-26-2011 at 01:26 PM..