Seeking unusual tent for unusual campout - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

Seeking unusual tent for unusual campout

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Seeking unusual tent for unusual campout

Hello all,

I was looking for a tent to suit a specific outdoors event that myself and several friends attend. We go to a campground where a monthly roleplay event is held (effectively living a fictional character in a fictional setting for a weekend, but acting it out in realtime) and we need a good tent that can double as a small taproom/general store for the event. For this, I'm asking if there is anything out there that meets these specifications:

4 season tent
Cabin tent if possible, room enough for average-height adults to stand upright
Two or more rooms in said cabin tent
Sleeping room for 6 people minimum, but since it will be serving as a fictional bar in a tent-city, room for 8 to 16 people would be desirable if possible.
If one tent cannot meet all the other criteria and still fit 8 to 16 people, are there 6-person tents with doors at each end we could put door-to door to make one big tent?

I recognize that I may be asking for more than I know, and if there are any logistical reasons why this can't work (tent structure vs snow etc) please let me know. I'm asking here because I searched and had a hard time finding a tent that could meet all of these criteria including being a 4 season tent. This event happens every month, including winter months.

Alternative: Is there a way to add tarps or supports or something to make a 3 season tent into a 4 season tent?

Thank you for any feedback or suggested solutions to this inquiry.

-Teknobard357
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

I'd get a wall tent if it was me.I just bought a used boy scout wall tent, $80.00, had to buy a frame set up, $230.00 then I found a wood stove made for wall tents, $100.00 and I'm ready to go. You'll need a bigger one for room, and you'll spend upwards of $1500.00 for it, but it'll serve you well. Get a stove, a Mr. Heater will work great also making it a four season tent.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:17 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Have a look at Tentsmiths | Historical Period Tents. They have THE most diverse list of tents I've seen online. Just don't get sticker shock when you look at the prices.