new to tent camping - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

new to tent camping

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default new to tent camping

We are seniors deciding to tent camp. We are really excited but are getting overwhelmed by all the gear that is out there. So far we have our tent which is the Bushnell 15x9 tent. Put it up and soaked it and hooray it doesn't leak. We are on a strict budget because we are on a fixed income. So what is the best cot and mattress pad . We were thinking about the disco bunk and the thermarest luxury map pad any thoughts out there on these products and or mabe something better we have to really careful because we only have a car to pack all this stuff in. So I'm trying to buy things that are easy on space. Sorry for the long thread but i am trying to get the best for my buck and ease of packing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Camper

Not really sure with the idea, but I have tried using Quechua sleeping bed cover and mattress. Very comfortable, easy to store and affordable.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

We use a queen air bed,works good for us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Camper

I like the airbed too - no arthritis trouble ! Don't like the noise of pumping it up. Closed cell foam pad under. Take old good-for-throwaway scatter rugs for inside the opening of tent. Throw them or the one away end of trip. Keeps the tent a lot cleaner. Get tarp big enough to cover tent completely in case of ultra horrible weather. And extra stakes and rope.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

I like a sleeping pad that's doesn't depend on just blowing up with air. A thermarest like you mentioned has closed foam that expands inside when you open its valve and the foam will self inflate and minimize the huffing and puffing from blowing it up, or the noise and power requirement of a pump. Just leave it alone when setting up camp, then a few blows into it right before bed if you want to firm it up. If the thermarest is too expensive there are cheaper (but not cheap junk) options. I have thick thermarests for base camp and thinner ones for backpacking. Have had them 25 years and they still work but I ensure they are not used around sharp objects (including rocks or sticks). Using this on a cot would be even better but I'm not a cot type of guy.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Old 06-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

I use air mattresses, we have twins and a double high queen. Do line them with more then a sheet. My back gets achey when cold so I need more insulation
Old 02-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Camper

A cheap pad on top of a simple cot.

You are not going to enjoy yourself if you can't get a good nights sleep.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:00 AM
Camper

Default Best Camping Tents

If you plan to make a backpacker getaway with friends, you want to go camping with the family or do bike routes and do not plan on sleeping in any hotel, hostel, hotel or caravan because you want to live the experience in contact with nature to the maximum, you have Than to take with you the best tent.When choosing a tent, it is necessary to take into account, mainly, four aspects: the material and quality of the store, the internal space, the size and weight of the packaged store, the isolation and appropriate conditions for different Climates.Read more info camping tents click here.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:48 AM
Camper

These are camping tent for you. Please visit campingheavens.com. I hope it useful for you.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:08 AM
Camper

Here are some ideas you may want to review before buying one, 12 Best Camping Tents To Explore The Great Outdoors | HiConsumption
Old 08-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Camper

Send a message via AIM to farout45

I seriously injured my back last Nov. I have lots of camping gear. Any ideas where I can sell some of this?
Old 08-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Camper

Just read all of your ideas here. Those are really grateful to make a tent neatly. I always follow these tactics while making a tent for myself to live on. However, I don't forget to take the necessary thing like- knife, rope, food, water, axe to cut the wood or any heavy thing. Source: Best Felling Axe for 2017 | Axe and Answered