Which Tent Do You Use? - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

Which Tent Do You Use?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 02:36 AM
Administrator
Camper Type: Tent

Default Which Tent Do You Use?

What kind of tent do you use when you're camping?

I currently use Coleman's cabin style instant tent but I am thinking about switching over to something smaller.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Camper

We have two Coleman tents both are 9' 6" and 16' long. We have two one for us and any grand kids, or other's we take. The Coleman's are fairly easy to set up. The hard part is putting them back in the box they came in. We were told to forget the box and bag they came in, just fold the tent up and put it away. But, not my wife! She cam fold it up and get in the box it came in and put it back in the bag it came in! Now that's fantastic, I think,.
Oh so every time we have camped it's rained at some time. We have learned how to hang up the tent's and air them and turn them and then put them away. It takes 3 nice warm sunny days. It's a lost of work for a two day's of camping and hardly worth it.
Any one know of an easy waay to dry out a tent?
Old 09-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Camper

Default I'm using a coleman

although if I camp into the Winter, I will get something more suitable. I haven't actually shopped for a Winter-ready tent, but imagine they are out there. Waterproof. Here is the one I have now, a pic of it. I think it would comfortably sleep 3, but I bought it for a concert I went to for 5 days near George, WA Yep, you heard the name right, lol Right on the gorge at their new amphitheatre (new at the time). Mine is all two-tone grey is all but it's real similar, I have lots of room and can stand up easy in it Denise
Attached Thumbnails
Which Tent Do You Use?-my-tent.jpg  

Cricket likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

We have a coleman Montana 8 person plenty of room setup takes about 10 min.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:22 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

I don't have my new tent yet, but it's already on the way to me. It basically a truck bed tent, I was dreaming about it for quite a long time after I tried a similar tent on my friend's truck. I am 52 and cold mornings on the ground make it less comfortable for me, so I decided to move up to the truck bed. I mostly camp when I go fishing so the truck is always with me. Will post more pictures once it arrives.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Addicted Camper

I have the ENO hammock sleep system which I'll probably never use again. A Coleman Peak 1 Triton (ancient), an Easton Mountain Rimrock 1, an REI Half Dome 2+, a Eureka 3-person dome that's so old I can't remember the model, a 4-person ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 4, a Kodiak Canvas 2-person and a Kodiak Canvas 6-person. Pretty sure all but the Half Dome, the Meramac and the Kodiaks will be on Craigslist soon or in a yard sale come Spring.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Camper

If you are looking for three season tent, then you can opt for MountainSmith Tarp Tent. It is not ultra costly like MSR Hubba Hubba, but will serve the purpose.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Camper

Default Nice 4 season tent

We have been using the Alp Mountaineer 4 person tent for two of us. It is a pretty good 4 season tent. So far camped in the rain no leaks, windy nights in the 30's the fly kept the wind to a minimum.
One of the best features are the two doors with vestibules, no climbing over each other in the middle of the night.
I highly recommend this tent.

Last edited by vzepol; 12-13-2016 at 12:58 PM..
Old 12-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Camper

I've got a Coleman 8 man instant cabin for family camping trips (see link), which does a pretty decent job at keeping us dry and happy with plenty of space to move about and stand up.

I cant recommend this enough for a family trip, especially as they only take a couple of minutes to set up too. - and they also do a 6 man and 4 man version i believe if you need something smaller.
Meta42 likes this.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Camper

I usually choose for themselves a 4-person tent on camping trip. So, both my wife and I, with my 2 kids can sleep in tents are comfortable.
You will need to understand them before making a decision to buy a tent, you need to know what features you need?
But to choose the best one, you need to consider particularly a weatherproof tent
I have a blog about campinghope you'll find a tent there
Reviews and Advice: The Best Tents for Camping and Backpacking
We can discuss them more.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:44 PM
Camper

Happy Camper Two Person Tent by Wakeman Outdoors
This tent is a little small to really be considered a 2-person tent, but I bought it for solo use so it worked great for me, especially considering the price. I'm 5'0" and slept comfortably with a lot of room. It survived 3 days in multiple locations in the forests of Arkansas without any major problems. Condensation got trapped in the tent on one night of rain (tarp used overhead, wouldn't trust it in rain without tarp) and I woke up with my book in a puddle. If I had left the dome cover off or opened the blue zipper a bit for some airflow, condensation wouldn't have been an issue.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:50 AM
Camper

The best tent for camping. Please review it.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:44 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

My smallest tent is the Kamprite Insect Protection (one person) that I use for sleeping. I combine it with an older Guide Gear 7x7 teepee tent that is great for dressing in with the rainfly on and eating/lounging in with the rainfly off.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Camper

Coleman Sundome 4 person tent. I love it.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Camper

Here are some tips in choosing tents for camping: https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-adv...ping-tent.html