Camping questions, North Rim of The Grand Canyon - Page 2 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

Camping questions, North Rim of The Grand Canyon

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Partial descent sounds like a good idea . Fifty + times up the stairs of a 15 story building sounds really grueling . I'm in fairly good shape, but that would take more conditioning that I can do in the time I have before I head out... Not impossible mind you, but pretty damned hard.

Back when I used to run I hiked up and down Blood Mountain in GA pretty easily. It's a 2.5 mile hike but only around 1350 feet of climb. We are talking 4X that, right? I could do it I guess, but it would definitely take me all day from dawn til dusk.

I'll have a look at it when I get there. Thanks a lot for the information. You made it much easier to prepare for. Also, I'm looking forward to being there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: None

the Trail from the north rim is a zig zag pattern all the way down unless they changed it over the years since I been there. I would suggest if your doing a day trip you should needs a ton of gear. I would recommend like art said the camelbak , get your self either a ruck sack medium size to carry some food and extra water. In September, the weather should be starting to get cooler and I would through in some extra socks so when you hit the bottom you can change( this will avoid the blisters from wet socks) Also bring some type of cool weather top and maybe something for under the pants. I like the peel away method with the pants that zip off. Also toss in the bag the 10 essentials with some sort of fire started jic.

Places I have Camped at Civilian/Army