Bubble Tree Tent - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

Bubble Tree Tent

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Camping Fanatic
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default Bubble Tree Tent

Now this is different

See-through tent allows campers all the creature comforts of a bed and security, while still providing an all-access pass to an evening under the stars and the sunrise. They come in a few different models that range from elegant simplicity to exquisite sophistication.

They are decked out with wardrobes, shelves and electric lights, the bubbles look more like a movable hotel room than a regular tent.

These bubble tents are designed by French designer Pierre Stephane Dumas who calls them his 'BubbleTree' creations - 'unusual huts for unusual nights'.

Attached Thumbnails
Bubble Tree Tent-bubble_tent.jpg  

Ford Mainline

Last edited by ctfortner; 03-07-2011 at 12:29 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

How does this thing keep its form? Is there a noisy blower and where does the exhaust go when it's at the full mark and what is the power source for it?

No ventilation? If it's hot and rainy won't it fill with condensation? No fresh air coming in through the properly designed walls like in a tent?

What about hail or sleet? Snow would be cool, but then gotta worry about the weight and the humidity. And then in summer won't it become a sauna?

I stay with a screen room and fly if I want to lounge.

Fun idea but it sure seems like it can only be used when the conditions in the picture are just right. In the event of an unexpected surprise, then you'll get an unexpected surprise. Leave it to the French.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Old 03-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

I read about this stylish "tent" recently. Some question may arise from a practical angle for this product, and bordering the 10K it is not cheap. After the original article went on in Yahoo news the manufacturer site was unreachable for excessive traffic.

There are more photos in this article.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Camping Fanatic

Well as quoted from the yahoo site

Quote:
How do they work? Just pump up a tent with the provided electric air blower. The blower, which has an air filter, circulates fresh air and provides the air pressure needed to maintain the bubble shape. Like ordinary tents, they can heat up quite a bit, so you’ll want to install them in a shady spot during the summer.
Ok..ummm...where again is the power coming from for that electric blower? Assuming your out in the wilderness. Maybe batteries work to who knows.

Ford Mainline

Last edited by ctfortner; 03-07-2011 at 12:32 PM..
Old 03-07-2011, 03:23 PM
_
Camper Type: None

"He who lives in glass tents...."
Old 03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Camping Guru

That ain't even glass. It looks like plastic. Maybe that's good so it can be fixed with clear tape in case it gets poked or stabbed. I can't imagine carrying around a glass structure of that size.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmart View Post
That ain't even glass. It looks like plastic. Maybe that's good so it can be fixed with clear tape in case it gets poked or stabbed. I can't imagine carrying around a glass structure of that size.

I was actually imagining someone carrying this big bubble in a trail. Probably the product is good for nudist camps.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Camping Guru

no.... figure that thing gets like a sauna inside.... naked peeps will get hot and sweaty and this will stink up the thing especially when you store it. The insides will stick together and just make a mess of things. This is SO French. Wait, wasn't it a French guy who invented it? Explains a lot.

This igloo is getting more useless by the post. Viva la France! But please stick to French fries and Champagne. Ohhh... just thought of something. This igloo's plastic walls could stink like oil and booze inside if you get too messy. Gonna need a lot of Windex to keep it clean.

I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to stick to my freestanding, pole supported, breathable nylon tent (or screen room at a nudie camp) that doesn't need a blower motor and power.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 03-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Camping Fanatic

Come on Art, we are gonna talk you into one of these

From Manufacturers website

Quote:
The sphere keeps its bubble shape thanks to a blower which creates a soft pressure. This pressure avoids moisture problems and allows the air renewal. Therefore, in the cabinīs interior, you have a healthy atmosphere, without moisture, mosquito, dust or allergens.
The bubble huts include:

Quote:

· A 4m-diameter sphere in special plastic, reinforced both with an anti-fire and an anti-ultraviolet rays

· An entry lock with retractable frames.

· A wood floor (separable in 9 or 10 parts)

· A blower device with filter

· A protective cover

· A transport bag
Quote:
Important point

The hut is entirely Bio-air conditioned avoiding any extra costs. We actually use a Canadian or Provencal well to refresh the structure.

According to the temperature wished, the By-pass device allows mixing up the exterior air with the air coming from the well. Others air-conditioning system can be used without provoking extra costs. It is a new way towards an eco-touristic accommodation.

Ford Mainline
Old 03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Camping Guru

Whatever you say isn't gonna work for me. I think you should get one and tell us all about it. Then you can invite us to a party and we'll bring guns, liquor, food and maybe an air conditioner and generators and we can even walk around naked, but I promise you'll probably never invite me again if you saw me as God put me on this Earth, 55 years later.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 03-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Camping Fanatic

Well, I will be honest, I probably wouldnt invite you back if I saw you as God put you here, now or 30 years ago. Maybe they like that in CA, but down here the banjos play where we camp

Ford Mainline