Coleman Ridgeview 13x13 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

Coleman Ridgeview 13x13

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Default Coleman Ridgeview 13x13

Does any have this tent? I bought it years ago and used it once. Now I want to go out again but can not figure out how to put the rainfly together. Instructions say to put the poles (8 foot) in the little pocket on the underside. I've looked high and low and do not see any pocket. The rainfly is a heart shape, 154 inches top to bottom, and 180 inches across. The tent model is 9271F133, 3 rooms and easy enough to set up except for the rainfly. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019, 09:35 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Taking a shot in the dark here based on how my dome's rainfly works.

There should be small strips of what looks like nylon webbing somewhere on the edge of the rainfly. When a tent is new, the pockets lie flat and don't look like a pocket at all. Hope that helps.

Last edited by MacGyver; 05-15-2019 at 09:38 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 05:29 AM
Camper

Thanks MacGyver. Already tried my little finger in everyone of them. The Coleman website has a picture of that. They also say the poles cross to make an X but the pic looks more like they are on the edge. I've laid them out in every possible configuration including along the edges. I called Coleman twice, but they only refer to the same pic. Think I'll just MacGyver (no disrespect intended) it and tie a tarp across the top. Alaska next month for two weeks out in the bush. Where do you hang out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019, 07:14 AM
Camper

Ah ha. Ever have one of those days where you read something, read it again, and again. Finally after the tenth time you actually see the words you glossed over. The pockets are on the tent and not the rainfly. MacGyver, I owe you for the extra set of eyes on the problem. Thanks. Most of my camping has only been with a poncho lean-to of just under the stars. Tents were always a luxury that were just too heavy to carry but now age has caught up with me and I will take advantage of all the things I've missed.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:02 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

It's funny you mention age catching up with you and changing the way you camp. I'm now in the process of trying to sell off all but one of my tents because I just bought a popup camper. At least the way I did it, tent camping was getting to be a chore because I always had to haul all my gear up from a basement apartment - and I always had a lot of gear because I value comfort more than simplicity. Now, with the camper, everything but food and clothes are always packed and ready to go.

I love to hear that people are MacGyvering. Never offended at all! Of course, whenever I see someone's project, I usually find myself trying to figure out how to out MacGyver 'em on the same project.

As for where I hang out, I'm pretty much limited to western Maryland because:
1. I'm only still living in Maryland to keep my mother's life the best it can be
2. I refuse to pay the high prices of your average sites-right-on-top-of-each-other campgrounds.
3. Western Maryland is the most convenient for the people I camp with who come from a tri-state area.

Once my mother passes, and I'm retired (a little over 2 years from now), I intend to fill in the blanks on the states I haven't been to yet. I've seen every state east of the Missisipppi except Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire and only a few states in the west. That WILL change!
Old 05-17-2019, 06:09 AM
Camper

Default Needle n thread

Hey Mac. I haven't been on any forums before except to see if I could find fixes for my jeep (reading only) so new to trying to communicate. That's how I got here trying to solve the tent problem.

A lot in common, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire are the only three NW states along with Mississippi and Alabama are the only ones I haven't been to. Add been to Southeast Asia, Central and South America, oh, and a couple of other countries I can't talk about.

Reading the instructions for the tent didn't help, absolutely no pole pockets on either the rainfly or the tent. My plan now is to set it up again, measure where the poles would go and sew the pockets on from an old piece of canvas

P.S. Hope your Mom is doing well
Old 05-18-2019, 07:41 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

I found the diagram for your tent online and it is definitely not very clear what is what. But it does mention sleeves on the rainfly. Are you seeing those?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/46...?page=2#manual

As I speak a fair amount of Spanish, I'm surprised I've never had the urge to go to South America. But I have been to central Spain and hope to see the south coast before I check out.

Thanks for the well wishes for my mother. She's really an amazing woman. Despite the laundry list of ailments that comes with her age, she's got an inner strength that I hope I'll have later in life.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:04 AM
Camper

There are two models, a B and an L. One shows (says) they go on the rain flap, the other says the tent. Found no pockets on either so I sewed up some from a nylon/canvas strap. Waiting for the rain to stop so I can measure and sew them onto the tent.

Other project is a 2'X3'X6' portable shower using 3/4 PVC, a 6X8 tarp, small battery bilge pump. Knocks down to the size of a bed roll. Two weeks out in the boonies with four buddies, yeah, need something to be able to remain sociable.

Never been East of the Atlantic (Europe, Middle East, or Africa). Only sent into jungles or the other extreme of "frozen wasteland" (places of "high adventure"). That's where I honed my primitive camping skills. Now it's comfort, camp cooking, and comradery.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:17 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

The shower project I had bouncing around in my head revolves around a black 15 gallon barrel to heat the water, a Shur-Flo pump and PVC pipe. My recent purchase of a pop up camper put that project in the recycle bin. But I'm pretty sure I'll still be relying on wet wipes for long weekend trips. Walmart sells a brand called Big Ones that do an amazing job of keeping the camping a** at bay.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:23 PM
Camper

Sewed the pockets on (mistake-sewed the on the outside) looked like h---, didn't really fix the problem. Thinking I'll just sew some loops on and stake it out without the poles.

At least the shower came out nice. Ended up 32" wide x 30" deep x 6' high. Labeled each part where it goes with permanent magic marker. Wipes are good for a quick clean, but still felt I needed the shower for the two week trip.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Yeah, I have heard about and thinking of buying this Coleman tent.