Captiva Designs Tents - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

Captiva Designs Tents

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MacGyver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 05:13 PM
Camper

Default Captiva Designs Tents

Anyone ever hear of Captiva Designs? I was in a Dunham's Sports store today and came across this brand of tents. However, when I try to google for some reviews, I can't find any. It seems as if they're a store brand for Dunham's Sports stores only, especially since I can't find them on Amazon or Walmart.

Wife and I are looking for a smaller tent to take for just weekend trips, instead of taking our large tent that we usually take for week-long trips. The one I found at Dunham's looks good, but like I said above, I can't find any reviews on them online. This is the tent I think we were looking at in the store:

https://www.dunhamssports.com/produc...son-dome-tent/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Even though I put tarps over all my tents, I would shy away from any tent that has a rain fly that doesn't cover at least the sides of the tent. They basically leave you with a single wall tent which doesn't fair very well at all in any kind of wind and/or rain. $60 is a great price, but I seriously doubt you'd be happy with your purchase if you found yourself camping in any kind of adverse weather.
Cricket likes this.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

If you want to stay around that price point, I'll recommend the Alps Mountaineering Meramac 3. I have the Meramac 4 and it has held up well for me. No, it doesn't have a full rain fly complete with vestibules, but the sides do come down to protect the sides. Again, I put tarps over my tents and strongly recommend that as well. Aside from the obvious weather protection, a tarp keeps bird droppings and tree sap from staining your tent. I have tents that are over 20 & 25 years old and they still look almost new.