Storage - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

Storage

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:05 AM

Default Storage

Where do you guys store your camping stuff when you arent camping? Do you put it all in a tub or do you have a special place for it. Im starting to collect camping stuff, but its kinda all over right now.

Thanks

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 10:08 PM

I live in a condo so we don't have a lot of space. We ended up getting a storage unit to keep our camping supplies in when we don't use them. All of our camping supplies are packed into four large plastic totes and stacked on top of each other. I'm guessing you don't live in a condo, so I would recommend putting your supplies in totes and store them in your attic, shed, garage, etc. Hope that helps.

The Wacky Otter
[email protected]

Last edited by happiestcamper; 09-18-2009 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: Removed advertising
Old 09-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Default Camping Storage

You probably already have this problem resolved but I thought I would put my 2 cents in to what I do with my camping gear in the off season. Follow the link below:
Car Camping - Storage Tubs to Organize Camping Gear

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

They've hit it on the head. Love those stackable sealable storage bins or duffle bags! You will want to store everything in them and also identify a common area to put all of these items you could use for camping so that this gear is self-sufficient. Try to eliminate ANYTHING you have to borrow from your house when you go camping. You'll be adding stuff all the time, anyway.

This means you have less chance of forgetting something. Then when you go camping grab the bins and bags from that special area. Then all you need is to pack some clothing and either pack some food or buy it near your destination and off you go. Trying to remember all those things you need from the house will make preparation and storing a LOT more time-consuming. Plus camping gear tends to be less wieldy and stows better anyway. This way all the stuff stays in the bins and you just have clothing to return and you bring the foodstuffs back in the home and the rest of the stuff just gets restacked.

Then you are done quickly! Now it will take you less time to get to reviewing those pictures and calling friends about the good (and bad) times you've just had.

In my corner of the garage I have RV stuff, Camping stuff and Backpacking stuff. All in the same area easy to find and ready to go. It's in bins, duffle bags or setting on a multiple shelf unit.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

We might be late too but.LOL Hubby found totes work but so do plstic tool boxes.He found one that is bright orange(TOTE SIZE) and is divided for tools.It is our cooking box.All the utensils and none perishables go in there.Totes for food and pots and pans skillets ETC.He also found a work box on wheels (like luggage)That works well.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Popup

You could buy a portable shelter buildings. That way it's not all in your garage, house, or shed.

Last edited by ctfortner; 03-15-2011 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: If you want to advertise this, contact the admin.