What "must haves" do you absolutely have to have when you camp? - Page 6 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Tent Camping

What "must haves" do you absolutely have to have when you camp?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Primitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmart View Post
Ah, a second look shows that it's not as large as I imagined (look at the AC adapter, doh). It's just that the design reminded me of one of the original rocket propelled weapons from WWII called a Panzershrek. Looks just like it but just needs a sight and trigger.

In a campground I don't need a lot of light so I don't look for anything too wieldy and needing a lot of batteries to carry around. In fact, around the camping table, I use a propane lantern on the top of a pole that then attaches to the propane bottle and this pretty much sits in place. For walking around I wear a hands-free headlamp. I have heard that the larger "torches" like the big Maglights also make a great weapon if necessary, but I've never had that need.

It's good to have a variety, eh Shadow?
Well, i have plenty of various light sources I can produce, propane lantern, LED lantern, various pocket sized flashlights, my streamlight, and a Q-beam on the truck. Usually don't need much light after the sun sets. usually the lantern on just enough to keep the raccoons out of the camp until I go to bed. If something uneventful happens, i have plenty of light sources to deal with the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

A good camp chair and coffee. One of my greatest camping pleasure is the evenings around the campfire. A good cup of coffee and a comfortable chair make it more enjoyable.

Gus
"Of course I trust my political representatives ... just not with my liberties or my wallet" :Camping with Gus
Old 02-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

i will throw this in the mix,if you need a light,try a head lamp,small,bright,battries last a long time in most brands you buy,and they are small,not heavy,and your hands are allway free to pull your pistole if the big kitty gets hungry,or you need your hand to carry your open can of BEER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Toy Hauler

your life's are too complicated. It's easy for me - just the wife - she takes care of the list... If she doesn't pack it, it's not needed...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyCamper View Post
your life's are too complicated. It's easy for me - just the wife - she takes care of the list... If she doesn't pack it, it's not needed...
Not helpful.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Toy Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
Not helpful.
I believe that's why most guys recommend a TT that is 80% of the maximum TV gross vehicle weight - lol...
Old 04-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Binoculars...love to take walks and look at the wildlife before they all see me and run...Lol But I guess it's not a real need but a want. I do always remember matches and would say it's my must have.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

shelter from the elements, food, but the most important is knowledge! with the right knowledge you can take care of the first two.

oh one more a good attitude!

I don't backpack but would like to try some day. I am on a scooter now but even when I had a car having to much with us sometimes made it less enjoyable at least for me as it seems my family always ran off and had fun while I did all the work.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:21 PM
Camper

If you're looking for a complete camping checklist (has the essentials and car camping ideas) check out this one from SmartCamper. I find it really useful and up-to-date.