Propane On While Driving - Page 3 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Recreational Vehicles > RV / Camper Discussions

Propane On While Driving

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 08:29 AM
_
Camper Type: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigua View Post
By the way, how was the campground? We're thinking of going for a week or so in the next couple of years and was thinking that this would be a great idea.
It was great. You're inside the resort, so you get the extra hours in the parks. The buses ran often to all of them (always took 2 to get from your campsite to the parks), and you could take the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

We planned too much around the parks, and I am worn out. In the future, we're gonna have a rule that we will not do more than 2 days in a row in the parks. There is plenty to do at the CG on a "down" day to keep everyone busy. There are several pools, stores (stores sell beer, wine, even liquor - mini-bottles and regular size), tennis courts, horse rentals, boat rentals, restaurants, shows at night, big screen movies in the outdoors, plus lots more I'm sure I'm leaving out. The sites are very far apart from your neighbor, but it's kind of swampy between them. No bugs, though - they have that under control. Plenty of asphalt to park on, plus a sand area behind that to put a tent. Now for some reason, they put the electric behind the sand - so you better bring an extension for that hookup. Water and sewer were in a normal location. Bathrooms, showers, laundry, and ice in each loop - and very clean. As many people as there were in the CG, it was quiet.

Like I said - you could stay at the Contemporary, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian to be closer and have a monorail come through, but you're going to start at $400/night. I've only stayed at two other CG's that were not a federal or state park, so I'm usually not impressed with any amenities, but this was different. We will be back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Wow! Thanks happiestcamper. I want to pack up and go now. It sounds like a great place. I would love to drive down there with our trailer and spend a week or two but for now we are stuck here in our winter wonderland. Maybe in a couple of years we'll get a chance to get down there. Thanks for the info. I really hope I can get a chance to get down there.

l2l how was the trailer? Next time you come up my way stop by my place for a cold beer. That is if you have the time. As for the champ, (which I think you can still listen too on line) I think it's Andy Frost. The same guy that does the announcements at the ACC. By the way, my company (Atec Signs) is building the new time clock for the ACC. We'll have it installed before the puck drops next season.
Anyway I hope the trailer is ok.

Shane
Old 03-31-2008, 05:33 AM
Camping Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to l2l

Antigua, trailer seemed ok but still snowed in...

I thought of you as I drove up the Orangeville by-pass, next time I head up that way I will shoot you a PM and I will stop by.

http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/gifs/ribbon_sm.gif 2001 GMC Yukon 27' Shasta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Camping Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2l View Post
Antigua, trailer seemed ok but still snowed in...

I thought of you as I drove up the Orangeville by-pass, next time I head up that way I will shoot you a PM and I will stop by.
Sure. I'll Have a cold beer waiting for you. I'm just off of the by-pass by the rec center.
I haven't been up to see ours yet, I'll wait until May.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Camping Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to l2l

Sounds good I will do that!

http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/gifs/ribbon_sm.gif 2001 GMC Yukon 27' Shasta

Last edited by l2l; 04-11-2008 at 08:13 AM..
Old 04-10-2008, 06:10 AM
_

Got the quote yesterday to fix everything - $1,352

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiestcamper View Post
When I got it, I couldn't find anybody that could find a match to make a duplicate for the door - not even the dealer. Oh well, the locksmith picked it for $55 this morning. I've already made a dupe of the other key, so I'm going to get the dealer to put a new lock on the door when it goes in for the fridge and the waste tanks. Waste tanks? Yeah, last night in the dark as I was backing past the house, I thought I just got tangled up with a boxwood. Turns out there was a garden hose in the bush which got wrapped up in the sewer connection. Today in the daylight found pieces of it all the way through the side yard. The black water tank will definitely need to be replaced - maybe they can leave the gray water tank there and run a new line for the drain. Speaking of drains, my money just keeps going down it this trip

Hope everybody else's trip is going well
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Camping Guru

Ouch!!! I feel you pain.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:48 AM
_

At least I had the opportunity the past few days to look at replacements, in case the the cost to fix was too high. Now I'm kind of disappointed that I won't be getting a new one
Old 04-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Camping Guru

Ouch, that hurts. Nothing is cheap when fixing our beloved campers, thats for sure. So I guess your sending her in to get fixed?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:03 AM
_

Definitely. It's kind of like a wife, can't imagine life without her - though there is the fantasy when I see a Class A or Kim Basinger
Old 06-02-2008, 06:20 AM
_

After two months in the shop, it finally came home. Came in $200 under estimate.

Only complaint (besides the amount of time it took) is the first thing they did was fix the fridge, let it get cold, then turned it off and left the door closed. Nice layer of mold I'll need to clean out of it
Old 06-03-2008, 06:09 AM

Oh man that sucks happiest. Get some Tilex mold and mildew cleaner. It works great for cleaning refrigerators and freezers and anywhere else that gets moldy. It doesnt have to be just for bathrooms, I have used it, works better than anything else I have found so far.

Glad they got it fixed though, and under estimate, how often does that happen
Old 01-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

This is off what the last page topic is, but on what the thread topic is...with the LP on for fridges, seems a little strange to me. I didn't read the 2nd page, so if this has been asked already, forgive me.

Does everyone not have 3-way fridges, that are powered by your tow vehicle when hooked up for towing? Mine does ('08 28 foot Dutchmen Aristocrat), and it's a dream! Only need gas for Hot Water, and when I don't have electrical at a site.

Just a thought.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:28 AM
_

Mine is only LP or 110.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Camping Guru

Mine too! no 12v. I wish it did though. My old popup's had the 12v and we used it all the time.