Propane On While Driving - Page 2 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Recreational Vehicles > RV / Camper Discussions

Propane On While Driving

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Well it sounds like you have a system when you camp. Everyone has their own things they do while driving. As long as you don't blow yourself up or others. Some of time, we do something illegal. We have car phones, no baby seats, eating food and drinking while driving. I have the baby seats though. Personally, I can't drink water or eat when I drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 AM

I leave my LP tank open and refrigerator on during camping season. Usually it's on AC power, but we keep the refrigerator stocked and with a power lost we could lose everything because it gets so HOT during the summer in the Memphis, TN area. I use the LP as a backup. The BEER has to stay COLD....
Old 03-21-2008, 06:52 PM
_
Camper Type: None

Leaving out early in the morning, and my fridge won't stay lit - so this trip the propane will be off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Camping Fanatic
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Strange. It strikes, lights, then just goes out? I hope its staying on with electricity, I assume it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiestcamper View Post
Leaving out early in the morning, and my fridge won't stay lit - so this trip the propane will be off.

Ford Mainline
Old 03-22-2008, 03:03 PM

Well the heat will be going up with spring and then summer coming. You said Memphis is very hot. It's probably consistently about 20 degrees more there. I think the last summer here in Virginia was hot. But there in Memphis it must be hotter than us. I was thinking that during this summer, there will be more heat to deal with, inside and outside. We are going to need our air conditioning this summer for sure.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:15 PM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfortner View Post
Strange. It strikes, lights, then just goes out? I hope its staying on with electricity, I assume it is.
Yeah, when I got to the CG, it worked fine off of 110. Oh well, the service shop has only gotten $700 from so far this year

But they will have to wait - I got to call a locksmith first because I discovered the keys missing when we got home an hour ago

I bet they're sitting on the ground at the last gas station I was at - I was jumping in and out of the truck to get around those idiot non campers who were blocking my way
Old 03-28-2008, 06:37 AM
Camping Fanatic

The hits just keep on coming dont they

You only have one set of keys?

I got ours out and de-winterized it and headed to the campground last night. Glad to be back at it!

Ford Mainline
Old 03-28-2008, 09:19 AM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfortner View Post
The hits just keep on coming dont they

You only have one set of keys?

I got ours out and de-winterized it and headed to the campground last night. Glad to be back at it!
When I got it, I couldn't find anybody that could find a match to make a duplicate for the door - not even the dealer. Oh well, the locksmith picked it for $55 this morning. I've already made a dupe of the other key, so I'm going to get the dealer to put a new lock on the door when it goes in for the fridge and the waste tanks. Waste tanks? Yeah, last night in the dark as I was backing past the house, I thought I just got tangled up with a boxwood. Turns out there was a garden hose in the bush which got wrapped up in the sewer connection. Today in the daylight found pieces of it all the way through the side yard. The black water tank will definitely need to be replaced - maybe they can leave the gray water tank there and run a new line for the drain. Speaking of drains, my money just keeps going down it this trip

Hope everybody else's trip is going well
Old 03-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Camping Guru

Man o man happiest. Dont know what to say, its just been one of them trips for you. You must have patience, because by now my camper would be laying on its side when I got done with it.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
_

Mostly all my fault, I can't be mad at the camper

I only spent $80/night to stay in Disney's CG compared to $400-500 to stay in one of the mouse's resorts - before this one is over, I may end up spending that much
Old 03-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Camping Guru

Hey, but you will have a lot of new parts to show for it. Hope things get better from here on. I assume your not camping this weekend
Old 03-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Camping Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to l2l

$80 Bucks a night to camp at Disney, I sure hope that included some park passes

Sorry to hear about your troubles, look at it this way, things happen in threes and you got all three bad things out of the way now, nothing more can happen to you!!!!!

http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/gifs/ribbon_sm.gif 2001 GMC Yukon 27' Shasta
Old 03-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Camping Guru

You know what, it's March......I can't stand March. This March has cost me a lot of money so far and I'm about to LOSE IT (l2l - the champ on Q. Remember that?) This month has been the pits. I thought about it just yesterday and in the past 5 years the month of March has been very bad for us. So far it's cost me a new car, A new back window for the truck...Remeber that....Ya $1400....Ouch. A new bathroom....well almost. It started out as a painting project and it all went down hill from there. I found mold and had to rip out the drywall. Ya lots of fun. Basiclly everything I touched broke or didn't work out. So I blame it on March. Everyday was a bad day. DAMN YOU MARCH. I'll welcome April with open arms. I feel your pain brother. Hang in there, it's got to get better.
By the way, how was the campground? We're thinking of going for a week or so in the next couple of years and was thinking that this would be a great idea.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Camping Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to l2l

The Champ, I miss him It was Darringer who did that wasn't it

"So the guy looks at my wife and I LOSE IT, I fake him out with a blistering left jab and destroy him with a mind blowing upper cut, ever since I've been the Champ"

Sorry your having a bad month Antigua, keep your fingers crossed for me as I am heading up to the trailer this weekend to see how she made out over the winter.....

http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/gifs/ribbon_sm.gif 2001 GMC Yukon 27' Shasta
Old 03-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Camping Guru

Good luck. I hope all is well.