Time passes very quickly Almost October - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Recreational Vehicles > RV / Camper Discussions

Time passes very quickly Almost October

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

Default Time passes very quickly Almost October

As my age increases, the difficulty of chores also increases. A guy bought a bus to convert and brought it to my world. He and the bus have been here for a couple months. This bus will be his home for a while. His wants are unusual to me. His bus is a 1992 Thomas with a Cummins 5.9 engine and an Allison 643. Bus has about 200K miles and in OK condition. The first project was a bed at the rear. The bed blocked the rear door, so the next part of the bed is bolted to the permanent part of the bed, with a couple bolts with a few plastic knobs and 2 very strong legs. The bed is very rigid. The next item to be installed is the furnace. The furnace has a plan but not yet completed. A sofa will be added and some kitchen cabinets. A 100 amp breaker box was installed
and connected to a 2KW inverter with big welding cables. A new 12vdc fuse box was created for the RV devices and a connection for a converter. The owner is gonna have a few storage spaces created under the bus for tools and another for the LPG bottles. The muffler and pipes were cut and removed with plans the make exhaust exit on right side of bus to be in the view of the driver.
New update as progress is accomplished.............Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Stay busy, my friend... hmmmm, almost sounds like a beer commercial.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Old 11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

Default Today is my birthday Nov 2 1937 wow 77 years

Yep, good advice to stay busy. I keep very busy. But hanging drywall has become a real tough chore. Just a few more sheets and I am finished. I love work altho I now work slower. Frank