latest backup camera systems - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Recreational Vehicles > RV / Camper Discussions

latest backup camera systems

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Toy Hauler

Default latest backup camera systems

Well I'm kickin' the idea around again of getting a two camera backup camera system and thought maybe someone on this forum has one. If so is it wired or wireless, did you have it installed, how do you like it and of course how much did it cost? I would rather have it switchable between cameras with one camera for hitch and another with a fulltime view out the back. I have a Dodge crew cab, dually long box and 22 ft bumper pull toy hauler.
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Gerry, I am looking for the same for our new trailer and with alot of wiring experience I am going with the wireless type. I have seen a very inexpensive system at walmart that Im probably going to try.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

inexpensive is how much?
I installed cameras with wires. Running wireless might not be reliable when vehicle is long and antennas electrically hidden.
Note: Video cables and their connectors can be a pain. Same for the 12 volt connectors of cameras. Thought these may look good, bad contact due to poor connector design is my experience.
I am using 1 back-up color camera and 2 infrared for security on the 2 sides. 2 Screens, one of them is switchable. I recommend to look for screen which allow presets vertical and horizontal picture flipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: None

We've got dual rear view cameras, one on the bumper of our TV and one on the TT. With a switch we can switch back and forth between them and monitor everything as needed.

It's great when towing, you can monitor people behind you in blind spots or the trailer itself, which eases my gut when I feel a funny shimmy.

The TT camera is wireless, the one on the tailgate is hard-wired so it's always usable.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:03 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Installing a rearview camera system is very secure while you're driving. I've bought a quad view camera system for my RV. I've installed and tested. Crystal clear images. Had wireless before (Different brand) and kept going in and out above 45 mph.

The image was stable at any speed. There were cheaper systems out there but I believe I made the right choice. Brother in law saw the system I installed and is going to purchase also.