Camping at Disney Worlds Fort Wilderness - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Recreational Vehicles > RV / Camper Discussions

Camping at Disney Worlds Fort Wilderness

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Camping at Disney Worlds Fort Wilderness

We're gearing up for a two week trip to disney worlds fort wilderness camp ground, leaving the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Anyone have any experience camping there?? Any tips??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Old 10-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

We went there last summer. It was really great.

Some tips:
1. Take advantage of the bus going in and out of the campground. It's free of charge, compared to getting the golf cart which is about $65 a day.
2. Bring your own marshmallows and sticks if you wanna join their campfire activities. We didn't bring any that time and we were charged $12 per kit.
3. Bring your own Internet stick. They do have WiFi here, but it's like $10 per day. Or better yet, avoid it altogether.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Camper

Thanks for the tips guys... We can't wait.. Its gunna be the trip of a life time for the kids.. Anything they want we'll do.. I went when I was a kid and stayed in a tent in the camp ground. I remember it being great and that was the 80's
Old 10-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Camper

Spent a week there with Grandkids this past summer. A lot of things to do, never ran out of activities. Make sure you take in the singalong, bring your own marshmellow and sticks. Also we enjoyed the fireworks on the beach at night. Going back next year to do the things we didn't have time for. Tom
Old 10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Camper

Do they have fire places at each camp site?? Its nice to have a fire at the camp site at night..
Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 PM
_

Nope. They have grills at each site, but no fires.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Camper

Oh well, thats ok, Im sure we'll have plenty to do without building a fire every night... I've had my truck into the shop 3 times to make sure its ready, can't wait...
Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

You might call ahead and ask if they allow a "portable fire pit". Some campgrounds that don't allow open fires often allow self-contained, covered portable fire pits available in many sizes and styles. They can be wood or propane powered and other than ensuring whatever you put in there fits correctly and you have room to store or carry it when travelling, these are becoming very popular.

I'm just saying.... nothing like an almost guaranteed campfire wherever you go if it's important.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear