Hot Water Heater ? - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Recreational Vehicles > RV / Camper Discussions

Hot Water Heater ?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Camper

Default Hot Water Heater ?

We are new to camping with anything other than a tent, so please bear with me! We bought a 2002 Terry Trailer that is in perfect condition, we are making tons of new memorieis and we love it, but I am wondering about the W.H. thermostat. It has a Atwood heater with electronic ignition, but how long should the heater actually run?? I start it up and after about 15min. the heater is still burning and the water is very hot. How long should it actually run for and should I just keep it running to see if it will shut itself off, it just seems like a long time? I figure I will only turn it on a bit before we use it, is that what you all do, or do you keep the heater on the whole time? Thanks so much for your time and input.
Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

It takes about 30 minutes to heat up the normal 6 gallon tank and the water is HOT! I have the warm setting on the new water heater I put in my Jayco and it is still HOT! I turn mine on about 30 minutes before I need hot water and turn it off when I leave for the weekend.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Camper

Thank you very much for your input, glad it just takes longer than I thought-cheaper that way!! Tomorrow I will start it up and wait and see, thanks for the time-line.
Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 AM
_
Camper Type: None

If the water temperature is more than adequate, why not turn down the thermostat and save some gas?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiestcamper View Post
If the water temperature is more than adequate, why not turn down the thermostat and save some gas?
I have turned it down all the way and it's still extremely hot, brand new heater this season too.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Camper

I just let mine run and after about 35min it shut it's self off, we are going camping Sunday thru Wednesday so we will give it a test then. As far as the therostat, ours doesn't have one that I can set on it-unless I am not seeing something? I have the books for everything that has to do with the camper and the book for the W.H. doesn't have anything about a remote or adjustable thermostat, I have looked on the web unsuccessfully to see if it is possible that it is something I can add, do you guy's or gal's know?? I would assume that it depends on if the curcit board will recognize it, I e-mailed Atwood but have not heard back and probably won't. Thanks again for your help, I have been on other sites but none as friendly as this one!
Nate