Rubber Roof Leak Repair - Page 4 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Recreational Vehicles > RV / Camper Discussions

Rubber Roof Leak Repair

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

I see Walmart has eternabond tape 3"X24' $10 online. {Problem}I have a leak on the roof of my trailer and it sounds like in the same area. I went to our local Walmart store today and they do not carry it so I will buy it online. Anyway with the onset of cold weather is it wise to cover the camper roof with a tarp and still use the camper during the winter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Hello All, I recently bought my 96 travel trailer. It is my home and I love it. But with all the rain lately the roof is leaking inside and my walls are becoming damaged. I have a tarp up outside while I do some researching but I'm not sure how to tell if it's rubber or metal roof. Any tips/ advice would be appreciated. I'm new at this and trying my hardest to learn fast and do it right......thank you
Old 12-24-2015, 03:31 AM
Camper

RVs cost upwards of $200,000, an entirety one could buy a home for. Infers it is an adequate hypothesis so must not be disregarded its upkeep. To secure your shield depend just on the best cost saving, atmosphere safe, and having long life time EPDM housetop covering EPDM Rubber and experience the results merrily. See Details: http://epdmrubber.blog.com/2015/12/0...ber-so-unique/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2016, 05:16 AM
Camper

Default Roof Leaks Repair

Trailer must be inspected for leaks before starting the journey and if you get any leak then EPDM Coatings is your companion.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:58 AM
Camper

I really appreciate your effort for creating such a informative thread regarding RV Roof leaks problems.Thanks
Old 09-29-2018, 02:28 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

Thank you for the story and step by step solution. Looking to replace our 20 year old rubber roof here pretty soon.

In the mean time we have been using some Roof Repair tape that we got at Camping World that is helping patch up any problems we've been running into.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:44 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

This is a great thread! Planning on doing this in the next few weeks because our roof needs it.

Anyone know of a good DIY video to show how to reseal a roof?
Old 02-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Camper

I have pilgrim fifth wheel. Two summer ago, I replaced all of my bathroom vents, fan vents and cleaned and removed old sealant and re-applied new Dicor self leveling sealant around all. I then applied cleaned cleaned all the seams on top of the camper and applied 4" etera-bond tape on all of the seams, caps on the roof. Next I applied a coating of Eteran coat silicone sealant on the entire roof. I was very pleased with the outcome. My problem now is I have several placed on the edge of the camper that look like the roofing was pulled up down to the wood. Example: about a 3-4" section at the edge of the camper roof pulled back and torn to a point down to the wood? After speaking with some of my fellow campers (there have been BUZZARDS observed on our campers in the past few months. I have it covered now with a tarp until I can get to it, but there was water in the camper. What can I do to prevent the mildew or mold that may have leaked into the wall? Help??