New guy here..... - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > New Member Introductions

New guy here.....

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Default New guy here.....

Divorced, 46 yr old, white male............errrrr............am I doing a dating profile or a police APB!

Just saying hi! Checking out the place here! The above is true.

New Truck tent comes Monday!

From SW Michigan. Not new to camping, just been a long time since I've done it. Eagle Scout and back packed in New Mexico so familiar with camping. Also do photography. Kids are off in college, no more sports to attend to. Life long IT guy with a bad back because of it. 2 hours in a car and things really start hurting. Hoping to disperse camp in northern lower Michigan and Upper Peninsula if the back allows. Ultimately if it all works out I'd like to do a CVT/Tepui/FreeSpirit/23Zero someday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Welcome!

This has been my new happy place lately, lol. I grew up camping (pop ups and tents). Haven't been for a few years, got a new smaller car so back to tent camping. I'm also looking to camp within a two hr distance from home, mostly because just planning on doing weekend trips when I can. Looking forward to my first camping trip since 2013, so this forum has been a great source of prep!
Old 08-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Welcome Jimbofoxman. I've been camping (now caravanning for the sheer comfort) for over 30 years. I think my longest drive yet has been 14 hours when we camped in France, although originally started our holiday in Manchester, we had got as far as the champagne country, then a night's sleep, then started at 7:30 in the morning and drove until 9:45 in the evening to a lovely little place in the Provence area in the south, and didn't touch the motorways (or as you yank's call freeways) as the French lorry drivers were on strike and had to use the main roads. Never again. I think I literally crawled out of the car when we got there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babstreefern View Post
I think I literally crawled out of the car when we got there

I'm not opposed to driving long distances........well unless it's through Iowa (so damn flat). It just hurts so bad after about 2 hours. I did about 400 miles a couple Saturdays ago scouting locations and it was unbearable. I actually did him a point with about a hour drive left home on the highway that I don't know if the brain just overcame the pain, but I felt nothing. Was so nice. If I could get out and walk for a half hour, that would probably help a lot.