New Tent Camping Family - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > New Member Introductions

New Tent Camping Family

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Default New Tent Camping Family

Hello everyone and thanks for letting me join your wonderful community!

I came across this site and searching for awhile for a camping forum with active TENT campers- not just sites for rv only campers (as thats a different ballgame camping than with a tent). Nothing against an RV at all- (if we had the money now we'd get one lol).

I am mother of 3 daughters- ages 2, 4 and 11. My husband and I love to camp and camped frequently growing up- however for some reason we have only taken our kids camping once. We decided this was the year we were going to start a family tradition and we are taking our kids camping a few times this year (and the next and next and next years lol).

I look forward to getting to know you all better and becoming an active member of the community. I can't wait to share out photos from our camping trip next week =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Toy Hauler

Default Welcome

Many of us started with tent camping and as finances allowed and we got older, well you can see where it's headed. Enjoy it now and you'll always have fond memories, Gerry
Old 07-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Camper

Thank you for the welcome, it's nice to meet you! We will enjoy our tent camping- I have very fond memories of tent camping as a child too =) As much as I love tent camping- there is something to be said for the day when we can afford a trailer and can keep it stocked and ready to go- and hop in after work every friday and head out for the weekend with the kids and not have the hassle of setting up a tent and blowing up air matresses and all the extra work that goes into hauling a tent and all the gear you need (especially with 3 kids). =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Hi and I am also new to the forums and I also have three kids who grew up tent camping and they are all grown up now and I just loved that they all go on there own now. They all know how to set up camp and respect other campers. I am very proud of them. I love tent camping and I am in my 50's and go often -- Mostly in the fall as I do not like excessive heat ( I live in Kansas ) which makes my camping season short but it is the best for me. Spring camping has been a major problem for me as there is too much rain and risk of tornado's, high wind, Yuck !!!! Anyway I am glad I am still able to go and this makes me very happy. Skip
Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Camper

I grew up tent camping. It was the only vacation my parents could afford. And it wasn't any cushy site with electricity & water and a nice bath house 3 sites down. Oh, no. It was 2 weeks in a primitive site with vault toilets. I have pictures of my mother hanging diapers on a clothesline at our camp site.

My DH never camped a day in his life. His family didn't take vacations, so he could not comprehend why I would want to go out in the woods with a tent. Then we had kids. DH camped a couple times with oldest son and the Boy Scouts, but didn't like it. So we didn't camp. We had two more kids and Dh REALLY didn't want to go camping. Then some friends begged us to go one weekend and even promised to help with the kids. And they were true to their word. Our first family campout was when my kids were 3,5,& 11. It was a love match, I'm telling you. DH coudn't believe he had resisted it for so long.

We have camped for many years with the kids, in tents and in RVs. Now, my kids are 16, 18, and 25. They no longer camp with us, but they tent camp with their friends. DD18 is planning a cross country trip with a couple friends next summer.

congratulations on finding your way to camping. It's the best family activity you can do.