Do You Have Any Tips For People Who Camp Alone? - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Featured Articles and Discussions

Do You Have Any Tips For People Who Camp Alone?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2019, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Camper Type: Tent

Default Do You Have Any Tips For People Who Camp Alone?

Do You Have Any Tips For People Who Camp Alone?-solotentcamping.jpg

Quote:
It always catches me off guard when people express concern when they find out I am going camping alone. For me, there is no stronger feeling of freedom than the one I feel when I am solo tent camping, surrounded by nature. Solo Tent Camping
Do you have any tips for people who camp alone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2019, 08:08 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

- Always tell someone where you're going and when you expect to be back.
- Pack a decent first aid kit along with some sort of signalling device(s). I carry a Storm whistle.
- Carry a cellphone even if you're going to an area without service. You might have to hike to use it, but they're indispensable in an emergency.
- If going to very remote areas, consider purchasing a locator beacon device.
- Adrenaline junkie activities are better left to group camping.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

That's me now. My hubby passed away last month. I've decided to keep the caravan and start up on my own next year. I actually did a towing course last month, which I enjoyed. The tutor already had a caravan that could be used. So hooked it up, and had 4 hours enjoyable towing. He took me on the motorway (or freeway), then he took me into the local towns, Macclesfield, Congleton and Wilmslow, all large towns in Cheshire, and not for the faint-hearted either. So now that I'm more confident, will be going out next year. The last time me and Tom went out was last year in the September, and when we got back we took most of the stuff out for over winter (we were fair weathered people), so couldn't be bothered to load it all back in, only to empty it the following week. So next Spring, I'm off with my mainecoon cat Timber to wherever