Camping/RV Hints, Tips, Tricks, etc.. - Page 3 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Tips and Hints

Camping/RV Hints, Tips, Tricks, etc..

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 05:00 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiem View Post
Did yall actually drink the campground water, or just use it for dishes, showers, etc..

I have always been very skeptical of drinking campground water, but I know some that do quite often. I dont even like to make coffee with the campground water, I usually bring my own bottled water for that.
Recently, I've been bringing my own water whenever I go camping since suffering from amoebiasis a couple of weeks ago. Better to be on the safe side.
Bamps likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

With the spread of the emerald ash borer, transporting firewood can get you into trouble. And we all know that some campgrounds the firewood available is either green or expensive or both!! Nothing worse than green firewood that wont burn, smoking out your campsite/camper!!! That happened to us last fall in FL. So what I ended up doing was buying some plain old 2X4 studs (untreated of course) and cut them up in 1' to 18" sections. They burn nicely and are cheaper than the stuff you get at the campgrounds. Kept them under a tarp the whole time in FL and they started nicely with regular old grill charcoal (kingsford matchless).
Old 10-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Mine is that unless you enjoy cooking over an open campfire, Dutch ovens, etc., and many people do, some of us don't and this tip is for us that do not.

Prepare the food at home well in advance and freeze it in vacuum seal freezer bags. They then can go into your cooler helping to cool other things until ready to use. If you have water frozen in these bags as well, when they thaw out they can be used as a water supply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinjd View Post
Recently, I've been bringing my own water whenever I go camping since suffering from amoebiasis a couple of weeks ago. Better to be on the safe side.
I have the same diseases and you are correct bringing your own drinking water would be safer. It may be a hassle, but better to be safe than sorry.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Camper

Default Beer Can Stove Hack

Here's a trick that I just learned. For anyone camping with limited space and limited access to firewood, try a beer can stove to heat up some tasty meals. You can watch a short demonstration here:
Old 04-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Camper

My camping tip is about RV Roof leaking problem, if during your RV camping you have faced RV Roof leakage then EPDM Roof Coatings are the best choice for repairing RV Roof leaks instantly. Hope it will help all RV campers. Thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
I have the same diseases and you are correct bringing your own drinking water would be safer. It may be a hassle, but better to be safe than sorry.

Or if you are bringing any kind of stove with you, it is safer to boil the water and let it cool down before drinking. Bringing your own water is a good option too but it'll add more liters to your luggage weight while camping.
towing san jose
Old 06-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Camper

Thank you !
Old 06-13-2017, 07:41 AM
Camper

Merci pour cette information, sa pourrais me servir au lieux de prendre une location pour l’île de ré cette été
Old 09-09-2017, 03:24 AM
Camper

Yeah, i have just published a post on my blog talking about RV Awnings, hopefully it will help everyone with some RV Camping Tips!

Here is the article: How to Clean RV Awning – Quick and Easy Steps to Care and Maintain your Awning

Cheers everyone! Have a nice day!