How to Sew with a Swiss Amy Knife / Awl - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Tips and Hints

How to Sew with a Swiss Amy Knife / Awl

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Captain Belly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default How to Sew with a Swiss Amy Knife / Awl

Here's a good skill to learn..........

MacGyver and ispinwool like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

I'm a big fan of Swiss knives. I have a Swiss Champ in the truck, one in my work tool box, one in the house and one in my tackle box. I always knew you could sew with that awl but never bothered to figure out how to actually use it. But now I'm laughing because I'm wondering how I can fit a bench vise in my camping gear. Considering I'm just now recovering from stabbing myself in the hand with a screwdriver (yeah - really stupid move on my part), I can easily picture myself running the awl into a finger or two.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:56 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

We too have Swiss Army penknives (have got quite a few). We were (well, I was), putting new roofing felt on the shed, and needed to use one of the knives (well, his actually), and I told him not to throw it, but he did, I missed, and it went down between the side of the shed and the fence (I was in my neighbour's garden), and the gap was only a couple of inches. Anyway, I ordered a new one for him straight from where they sell the knives, with a caption on it reading "Tom Garwell - do not throw it". Just wonder what they thought when engraving it. Was I going to throw it in his back? They are the best gadget knife ever, wouldn't do without.