Tips on how to stay warm in a tent - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Tips and Hints

Tips on how to stay warm in a tent

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By MacGyver
  • 1 Post By diazsjonathan7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Tips on how to stay warm in a tent

How to stay warm in a tent while it's in the middle of winter is a question that i have been asked so many times. Think that some of you might wonder so...

I just publish a new article on exactly that issue: How To Stay Warm In A Tent - Great Tips Proven | Blazing Campfire

Hopefully that you guys all enjoy it!

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2018, 10:20 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Send a message via Skype™ to RelaxedMale

although, I am not prone to bedwetting anymore I was one of those when young that took a while to figure out how to get the body function under control.

And Awesome Blog there Kevin.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:06 AM
Camper

good written blog. would be helpful for people camping in cold temperatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Camper

Nice post, I just read it and a rug seems like such a cool trick. I mean warm trick actually
Old 01-30-2019, 10:00 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

I got the chills just thinking about this. Even if you could stay warm why would you? haha
Old 01-31-2019, 02:51 AM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCamper View Post
Even if you could stay warm why would you? haha
For keeping warm, even if I don't go the easy route with a Buddy heater, a cheap area rug from Home Depot, a self-inflating pad on top of a foam pad and three wool blankets have kept me toasty below freezing. (I don't even know where my sleeping bag is anymore.)

Cold weather camping is the most relaxing camping I've ever done. Empty campgrounds with no bugs or, with rare exceptions, any critters to deal with. The air is crisp and lets me breathe better. I don't sweat, so going a few days with maybe a couple of baby wipe baths isn't a problem. Food doesn't spoil, so no worries about making ice runs. And the silence is a joy, with the only sound at night being the crackling of the fire.

Weather.com says that the temperature out in my beloved Green Ridge State Forest is 1įF right now and I wouldn't hesitate to go out if life wasn't so busy right now. The only thing I'd add to my gear is a double thick quilt I made years ago for just this kind of trip.
Cricket, solo_rider and michaelnel like this.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Camper

There is too many ways to stay warm in a tent. When I was in camping then I follow a blog. It wrote an article about stay warm in cold weather. you may read this one. Stay warm in cold weather.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:11 AM
Camper

Guys, thanks for your tips.

I registered on your forum a few days ago, but already found a lot of good advice. We never go camping at a cold time, because my wife hates the cold temperature. I've just read your articles and discovered nice tips for her to stay warm in the tent in winter. So, next winter maybe I will try to go tent camping with her.

Thanks a lot.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:29 PM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivanzy View Post
...I will try to go tent camping with her.
If you have a fat wallet, you could probably talk her into it by a nice glamping setup. A canvas bell tent with it laid out like a bedroom/living room, heated by a wood stove looks very inviting!

Old 05-18-2019, 03:08 AM
Camper

Default Great source

Few awesome tips from my side
  • Donít wait until you feel cold to layer up
  • Thermals are big and clever
  • Always pack a hot water bottle
  • Donít go to bed cold
  • Sleeping bag liners can help
  • Insulate your tent with a tent carpet or rugs
  • Portable heaters should be used with extreme caution!

I Think last point is best option.
solo_rider likes this.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:05 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Van

Wear a fleece cap to cover your head. That makes a big difference, especially if you don't want to bury your head in the sleeping bag. If you are really cold, long underwear or lightweight fleece top/tights will help.

Also, if you are sleeping on an air mattress, you need everything you can get between you and the air mattress. Like both layers of a sleeping bag as a mattress topper. A foam mattress topper sheet. A camping pad. You have to insulate yourself from the air mattress (or the the cot or the ground).
Old 07-26-2019, 02:07 AM
Camper

I agree with the above-mentioned methods...

A good sleeping bag, a good mat/sleeping pad, and a ground cloth/footprint for the tent. If you buy a good sleeping bag, sleep in it naked or in just your underwear. That way, your body heat will actually warm the inside of your bag. Just make sure your sleeping pad is full length.