Tilapia Recipe - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Recipes

Tilapia Recipe

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Camping Fanatic
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default Tilapia Recipe

I made this last night, oh so good! Tilapia is known to be bland, but this really was good and had great flavor.

2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound tilapia, Pacific sole or other firm white fish fillets
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Combine chili powder, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. I just put in a small bowl and whisked it around. You can either dredge fillets in the spice mixture to coat, or what I do is keep an empty spice bottle on hand so I can put this mixture (or others) in there and then shake it over the fish, which is easier to me.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook 3-4 minutes and carefully flip it over and cook 3-4 minutes more.

I also cooked some asparagus to go with this, which was great. After you have already steamed it (about 4 minutes), throw it in the skillet you removed the fish from, add a couple tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt stir constantly, until the asparagus is coated and heated through, about 3-4 minutes.

Great and healthy meal. Wife and youngin couldn't get enough.

Ford Mainline

Last edited by ctfortner; 01-28-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Name: Meatloaf on a Stick
Ingredients:
  • Ground Beef
  • Minced Onion (or chopped onion)
  • Ketchup or tomato sauce
  • Bread Crumbs (can crumble up bread)
  • Egg or Egg Substitute
  • Garlic Powder, and/or any other dry spices you like
How to prepare:
Mix all ingredients together just like making a meatloaf at home. Double fold sheets of foil to make pockets. Make 4 to 5 inch long rectangular meat loaves and seal inside the foil. Put the pockets right on a hot dog roasting stick. Prop up over the fire, turn occasionally to cook on all sides. "Bake" on the stick about 20 minutes. Check it for doneness. Serve with ketchup on or off a bun.
I've made these with just the ground meat and dry french onion soup mix in a pinch. The egg is a binder and will hold it all together. Get creative and enjoy!

Van Insurance Online