Throw away BBQs - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Recipes

Throw away BBQs

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MacGyver
  • 1 Post By bruce5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default Throw away BBQs

I always use throw away BBQs, it just saves scrubbing the transportable types that goes with camping. Anyway, my favourite food for cooking has got to be freshly caught (like, a couple of hours ago), mackerel straight from the sea. You so can't beat it. Just sprinkle some sea salt on it, add a bit of coleslaw with freshly cooked bread and a cold beer Magic. Best place is Cornwall for this meal. When in Northumberland, I love the same thing, but use either freshly caught salmon from the River Tweed which is just across the Scottish border, or freshly caught wild sea bass. Just thinking about this, is making me get the unit out for our next holiday. Can't go until mid to end of September
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2018, 06:36 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

I've never had any luck with those disposable grills. Maybe you've got something different available on that side of the pond. The ones I've tried here put the food too close to the coals and wind up either burning everything or cooking the outside while leaving the inside pretty much uncooked. In the rare instance that I'm actually cooking over a fire (and not going to my trusty dehydrated meals), I have a small grate that I put over some coals from the campfire - easily adjustable by adding/removing coals and/or adjusting the height of the grill with different size rocks. Clean up is fairly easy - allow the grill to sit over the coals til everything is charred, scrape with a wire brush and put it back in it's sleeve.
Babstreefern likes this.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:50 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Hi MacGyver. What we tend to use is charcoal, which you burn, and when the flames have disappeared you have white ash which glows red, that's when its time to cook. We don't cook over flames directly because, as you correctly state, it burns the food. The only food I don't cook on BBQs is white meat, eg, chicken and pork as it needs to be totally properly cooked through. When we used the non-throwaway BBQs, we also used the same method as yourself, burning off the cooked stuff that sticks to the grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2018, 01:09 AM
Camper

We've gathered together the absolute least expensive expendable BBQ bargains .Remember to ensure your flame broil has quit smoking before you discard it. Guarantee the grill is on a level site, well far from a shed.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:10 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default BBQs

i like salmon when compare with sea bass my friends and i caught sea bass from the Atlantic coast of the united states
Babstreefern likes this.