A very tasty snack/food, very camping friendly - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Recipes

A very tasty snack/food, very camping friendly

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Default A very tasty snack/food, very camping friendly

My wife is always experimenting with different foods she finds in the international markets (we have several big ones here in Atlanta). Anyway, her latest find is seaweed prepared and packaged in little airtight containers (similar package to little cookie trays or chips).
We found them very tasty, pretty addictive really. Anyway, they are tasty, nutritious and very conveniently packed. Even though they are very thin, crispy sheets (some larger than others), they are amazingly filling.
Here is a link to the company that makes them: Godbawee Food Co., Ltd. - laver^seaweed^godbawee^snack We loved the larger olive oil flavored sheets and the small wasabe or plain sheets. I intend to buy and take a lot of them with me on my cross country trip. You might like to try them, particularly if you like Asian food!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: None

What ever makes your tummy feel good but to me I really cant stomach the cost of just eating a weed.

Places I have Camped at Civilian/Army
Old 08-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
What ever makes your tummy feel good but to me I really cant stomach the cost of just eating a weed.
You ought to try them at least once. I would have never thought they were so good until I tried them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

I have tried them I'm a ex-chef so I just cant see spending my own money for the price.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
I have tried them I'm a ex-chef so I just cant see spending my own money for the price.
Oh, OK, everything is not for everybody and I have no idea how much they cost . My wife buys them and gives them to me. They are extremely light and conveniently packaged so i thought they be great for backpacking. Also, they are full of calories!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

If you like that sort of thing then they are perfect because your right they are super light and packed full of nutrients. I myself dont really like the flavor its a bit strong for me. How do you pack them so they dont get crushed? Since they are super thing they are super fragile but with all the gear and camping equipment I would assume they would break and crumble up.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

Naturally, these are good if you like them Actually they are not very fragile. I don't know if it's because they are seasoned and the oil keeps them from flaking off, but the packaging works well. They come in envelopes about 8"x10" similar to a potato chip bag but with the aluminized finish inside. Since they are flat and don't seem to tear easily, they would be fine as long as they lay flat. Anyway, although they are very tasty to me, I'm thinking they might not be the best thing to take in bear country as they have a pretty noticeable aroma and it does smell like the sea.... Also, although they don't fall apart, they do make a lot of tiny crumbs/flakes when you eat them and they go everywhere. I might take a package or two with me, but I have some misgivings...