Campstove made out of a coke can.... - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Recipes

Campstove made out of a coke can....

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Primitive

Default Campstove made out of a coke can....

SO I found this online and thought it was pretty cool...

I was wondering if anyone has ever built and/or used one?

-K

Last edited by xckail; 02-23-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: None

^ why do you have a link in your sig for another sight about camping that has nothing to do with the post you posted?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

This Xckail character does this all the time. A moderator will be along to delete it. But as long as it's in his sig, then any post he makes will put it there. I sense a permanent lockout is in this persons future unless he/she figures out that posting unwarranted or unsolicited topics is a no-no for all forums I belong to, including this one.

Some learn slower than others.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Camper

Hold on...... I belong to another forum that allows signatures where you can add a personal site... and I posted this both here and there by copying it... I didn't do it intentionally and removed the link... I am not trying to spam.. I have other posts on here that don't use my site... and when I did post my site, it was because it had actual information or pics of my personal experience... so calm down, there art... don't get so worked up over a camping blog...

Last edited by xckail; 02-23-2011 at 07:47 PM..
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Camping Guru

This forum allows signatures, too, but you can't put websites in it unless you get approval from the administrators/moderators. Some Forums are more lenient than others.

Check some of your previous posts - they have been edited by moderators with this information, this is why my comment about being "slow".

I have been a long time participant of different Forums, therefore will always remain calm. Don't confuse "get so worked up" with knowing what's right which came with experience. There was a recent influx of spammers and just hope you don't get categorized as such.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

I do however like the video its rather creative!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Camper

art.. I understand.. I know these places are a playground for spammers..
Some forums I belong to allow signatures with your website as long as you are genuinely commenting. I do have a website, but I join these type of forums not to promote but to get new ideas and camping places for my directory...
The posts that got edited were about Michigan camping, which I have a lot of personal photos and info to campgrounds on my page.. I thought my postings were helpful, but these forums have to make money from advertising...

BUT anyway... I do want to make stove soon; I just haven't had any soda cans around... I might have more luck with getting a beer can though... I should have some after this weekend.. ha ha... I will let you know how it turns out..
Old 02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

^ beer cans hah nice. .

Normally links aren't removed as long as they are supportive good content. Linking to another forum is a no no regardless of what forum you are in unless its to a thread\post with helpfull content.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Camping Guru

About the stove. During some outdoor classes I was in years ago, we made some of these. Our impression is they are more difficult and too fragile than they were worth. When you are cutting the parts (soda can, beer can, pretty much any can with that shape) you can't mess up. Your cuts must be accurate and smooth and careful. DO NOT use anything but alcohol as a fuel. Also, unlike the cup this person was using, use a bigger cup. Any heat escaping up the sides of the cup is a waste of fuel.

It's fun to know how to do this and being able to say you did it is certainly worth the story, but what I learned was it will inspire you to buy a proper heavier constructed stove that doesn't crush easily. If you damage your stove, you better be prepared to eat cowboy style. I have been using MSR Whisperlites for years with great success, including minor field repairs. There are plenty of other suitable stoves.

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Old 03-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

My 2 cents...
Fragile and a little hard to build. For the outdoors I like to apply the KISS principle.
Anyways, thanks for sharing the video.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Camping Guru

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, as soon as you put in it a backpack it gets squished. You can't use it backpacking be airspace is expensive in a pack unless you don't mind lugging around a 1 oz aluminum can in a 1 lb protective container to protect it. I use an 8 oz stove that can't get squashed and a strong container for the fuel.

Go For It, Kenny. I'm pretty sure once will be enough. Any more than that and you'll be called a teacher of making these things. I like the beer can versus Coke can idea but I'm thinking Coca Cola owns this idea, then you'll get sued for infringement... LOL.... folks, I'm kidding, really...

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL