Better fire dog - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Recipes

Better fire dog

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Talking Better fire dog

We all know hotdogs and sausage over a fire is fantastic.But we tried something this summer that we love ,but the wife says is so very wrong.LOL Take one of your choice and wrap it in bacon then hold on with wet tooth picks(wet so wont burn) Put over fire till done to your liking.Carefull not to cook too close as bacon might burn before other is ready.Use bun to take off stick by running stick into bun and pull off.Had to laugh at our camping virgin friends trying to pull them off with thier fingers. Enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Have you ever tried spider wiennies? what you do is take a hot dog and slice both ends about 1" to 1 1/2" in 4. if you look at the end it will look like an X. then cook over fire to your liking. the ends will spread as you cook them to look like spiders.

enjoy
Old 10-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Thanks for your thread on fire dogs. Reading the article an idea came up, that I wanted to share with you guys. When preparing your "fire dogs" take some potatoes and wrap them in aluminium foile. Put the potatoes into the fervor - it will take you up to 30 min. until the potatoes are prepared. Enjoy your "fire dog with potatoes" meal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

I thought when I read this, you were referring to "fire" as in "get rid of" the dog lol. Now I see you are calling your meal "better fire dog". Sounds yummy but I can see where your wife thinks its wrong, lol.