CamperCommunity Forums

CamperCommunity Forums (https://www.campercommunity.com/forum/)
-   Camping Discussion (https://www.campercommunity.com/forum/camping-discussion/)
-   -   Why motorhome is more fun than a tent... (https://www.campercommunity.com/forum/camping-discussion/943-why-motorhome-more-fun-than-tent.html)

kiramus 05-01-2009 05:20 PM

Why motorhome is more fun than a tent...

So? Wanna know?

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see." Watson replies, "I see millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" Watson ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Timewise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. What does it tell you?" Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."

antigua 05-07-2009 06:53 AM

That was good! Welcome to the forum kiramus.

dholiday 12-22-2009 01:05 AM

LOL. he could have had an A+

crawford 12-30-2009 08:05 PM

No Tents

After Nam and being wet for 4 months at a time,sleeping under the stars which isn't as crack up to be and mud need I say more my C Class is just right and you Don't think Being Married 39 years it would have never lasted being dum LOL Crawford.

jimtbrown 01-12-2010 08:50 AM

So I assume that it is much safer to camp in a motorhome?LOL

silky1 01-06-2011 11:32 PM

I camped with tents when I was youger (much younger) it was when you didn't mind sleeping on rocks. Now that would never work married 30 yrs, older body with issues, and love camping in our 27' Class A. Hoping when the hubby retires that we can do a bit of traveling. Silky1

artmart 01-07-2011 12:37 AM

Been married for over 35 years and I'm still backpacking, sometimes in a tent but many times next to the tent under the stars! How do we do it? I go with other friends and DW stays home and shops. When I can't afford her shopping, we venture out in the RV so she's with me and not shopping (as much).

I do hope your 27" Class A really isn't 27 inches long. So if it's a little over 2 feet long, I'll bet it's real wide! No wonder the bed moves around too much as you described in another post! You're lucky it stays on at all.

silky1 01-08-2011 10:44 PM

Hi Artmart,

OOPS!!!!!! My bad the RV is 27' yeah now that looks right.

Silky1

SMOKEY2348 01-10-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiramus (Post 6346)
So? Wanna know?

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see." Watson replies, "I see millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" Watson ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Timewise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. What does it tell you?" Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."

:smack-head::rotflmao1: hahahahha that was great!

silky1 01-10-2011 04:45 PM

Hi Smokey2348

Loved it, lol moment!

With Kind Regards,
Silky1

SMOKEY2348 01-11-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silky1 (Post 10002)
Hi Smokey2348

Loved it, lol moment!

With Kind Regards,
Silky1

Hello Silky, nice to have you onboard with us!:10220:

SMOKEY2348 01-12-2011 03:03 PM

HAHA wow that has me rolling ^^
Thanks for getting him\her\bot thing.

silky1 01-12-2011 03:25 PM

Hi Everybody,

Yeah, I just received the message from flotteSoype, I guess someone didn't appreciate email coming in with sheeps clothing disguised.

LOL,
Silky1

SMOKEY2348 01-12-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silky1 (Post 10050)
Hi Everybody,

Yeah, I just received the message from flotteSoype, I guess someone didn't appreciate email coming in with sheeps clothing disguised.

LOL,
Silky1

Sorry I'm quite dimm.... what did you mean?:smack-head:

artmart 01-12-2011 07:36 PM

Do us all a favor... when you "find there's lot of trash floating around the internet right now" you can include your posts. They are a bunch of crap and I am betting you will be banned off this one.... You should develop a course on how not to be a shmuck that posts crap on other websites, then don't tell us about it - tell your other shmuck friends.

The spammer that provoked my paragraph above has been eliminated .... so no one take offense.