Camper Community Forums banner

Your camp stove??

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  eanddrice 
#1 ·
One of my camp stoves is a rather old coleman liquid fuel stove. I also have a single burner, but that is a different thread.

Do you use liquid fuel or propane, or something else?

Here we are cooking some bacon at my buddies wedding at the beach.

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks good!!! We use a propane colman stove. We don't use the small green bottles though. I found an attachment that attaches to a 20lbs tank that I can run the stove, BBQ and anything else that runs off of propane all at the same time if needed.

#4 ·
I thought about buying a dual burner stove that uses the propane bottles, but decided to keep my liquid stove. Propane is nice, but I have a single burner propane stove.

That coleman stove of mine is 13, maybe 15 years old and still works great. As long as its working I see no need in replacing it.

#5 ·
I thought about buying a dual burner stove that uses the propane bottles, but decided to keep my liquid stove. Propane is nice, but I have a single burner propane stove.

That coleman stove of mine is 13, maybe 15 years old and still works great. As long as its working I see no need in replacing it.
I also have a 3 burner stove that hangs off the side of the trailer for extra cooking. I don't use it much other than being a shelf for my radio but when we camp with friends it comes in handy.

#6 ·
I have the Coleman two burner liquid fuel that was a hand me down and then I have the three burner Coleman liquid fuel that my Dad bought new in 1963. It goes everytime we do!!! Still cooks like new!!

#8 ·
Only problem I've ever had with a Coleman stove is the one burner type that sits on top of the little green cans. I had 2, and both of them would somehow damage the stem inside the bottle, so that it always leaked afterwards. I have some knock off brand and don't have that problem (and I have no problem with my two burner Coleman that uses the same bottles).

#12 ·
I've seen this website before!!! I picked up an old 242 chrome lantern at a yard sale for 10.00 with the old aluminum carry case. It had been stored with fuel in it and was gummed up and didn't want to light. I totally rebuilt it, and it looks and works like new!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.