Camper Community Forums banner

First time out with the new setup

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pascoroof 
#1 ·
Been 15 yrs since I've camped. Went out in the middle of the Manistee National Forest and found a spot. Tent is a Pro-Z from AutoAnything. It is also made by Napier. Super easy to setup. Assemble it on the ground is the easiest, just like a regular tent then lift it on and secure. Once you've done it a couple times it could be a 10 minute job. I ended up taking the fly and undoing part of it as it was super humid. 3/4 of the fly was on and covering the tent as their was still enough drops coming off the trees from the earlier rains.

Things I learned;

- Any noise freaks me out.........I'm always thinking is that a bear or a Sasquatch? The problems of an over thinker. In reality all I heard was the normal nightly chirping, a far off owl, some jeeps coming back from somewhere and a train.

- Sitting around the campfire is boring when solo. So come up with something to do until bed time. Not a big reader.

Dispersed Camping by Jim Fox, on Flickr

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That looks interesting. So the tent sits right there in your truck bed? Kinda neat not having to be on the ground.

I figured I'd be terrified camping solo, but I hadn't thought about it being boring. Now I can imagine how it could be, you're right, being solo at a campfire sounds lonely.

But, you tried it out, so that's cool! Next time bring a friend or a dog, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.