Which Laptop for Blogging ... ? - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Which Laptop for Blogging ... ?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 11:17 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Default Which Laptop for Blogging ... ?

I need to get an inexpensive, small (10-12 inch) laptop for blogging and uploading pictures when I travel up the Pacific Coast this summer .....*

Has anyone used a laptop for blogging while car camping ... ? What would you recommend ... ? I don't want something that is too slow. I will be tethering the laptop to my smartphone for Internet, and uploading pictures to my blogs from USB Thumb Drives.

Also, what would be a good Blog Website ... ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2018, 05:08 AM
Camper

Any laptop could do... However, i will advice you gat a laptop with a minimum of 4GB Ram... On the blogging partform, you could choose but i will advice Wordpress dot org or free hosting partform like blogger.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Camper

I decided to go with the new Dell 17" 5770 8th Generation i7 Quad-Core, which has many useful features: 16GB RAM (soon to be upgraded to 32GB RAM), 4GB Video RAM, 2TB HD, soon to be upgraded with an additional 512GB SSD, SD Card Reader, DVD/CD Burner, 4 USB Ports (1 is USB Type-C). HDMI, Web-Cam, Speaker/Mic Port, Stereo Speakers, Bluetooth, Backlit Keyboard, Ethernet Port.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2018, 03:06 PM
Camper

I also got the Crave 50000mAh PowerPack to use with my laptop, which should provide many hours of additional use .... I will be testing the Crave 50000mAh PowerPack soon to see just how many additional hours of use I can get with my laptop .....
Old 03-25-2018, 02:08 PM
Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetJim57 View Post
I decided to go with the new Dell 17" 5770 8th Generation i7 Quad-Core, which has many useful features: 16GB RAM (soon to be upgraded to 32GB RAM), 4GB Video RAM, 2TB HD, soon to be upgraded with an additional 512GB SSD, SD Card Reader, DVD/CD Burner, 4 USB Ports (1 is USB Type-C). HDMI, Web-Cam, Speaker/Mic Port, Stereo Speakers, Bluetooth, Backlit Keyboard, Ethernet Port.
Nice Laptop although i was thinking you want just simple something... Check it out on amazon and it was worth the price
Old 03-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basecare View Post
Nice Laptop although i was thinking you want just simple something... Check it out on amazon and it was worth the price
>
Originally, I wanted to have a much smaller and less expensive laptop, like either a 12-inch or 13-inch, but after researching, I decided to go with the Dell Inspiron 17-inch 8th Generation i7 5700, and since I do not have a desktop computer, this will now be my main computer.

Lots of great features > DVD/CD Burner > HDMI > Bluetooh > WiFi > SD Card Reader > 4 USB ports (1 is USB Type-C) > Backlit Keyboard > Webcam > 32GB RAM (I had the Geek Squad install another 16GB stick) > 2 HD slots, so I can add a 500GB SSD, which I will do soon > Headphone/Speaker Jack > Ethernet.

The one serious complaint that I have is the battery life is NOT good ... !!! This will be a serious problem while on the road traveling.

I'm testing my laptop while camping for a few days at a local campsite. Have to connect via Tethering from my Note 8. I like the keyboard. Still getting used to the track-pad ... Stereo Speakers are nice, and loud enough.

Another issue ... I keep losing Bluetooth connection, so I have to constantly reconnect my headphones, mouse, earbuds, speakers, even hard-wired earbuds/speakers.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:30 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

How about the Mac Air or Mi Book air or something?
Old 05-27-2018, 04:19 PM
Camper

You can use any laptop you want any laptop with 4 Gig of Ram and Minimum Core i3 Processor is going to be fine enough for blogging
Old 06-08-2018, 05:01 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Send a message via Skype™ to RelaxedMale

If all you are doing is blogging then you could use a midrange laptop. The lower priced $300 laptops are so underpowered that after a couple of years you are ready to throw it out the window. I have used a low end it does well just have to turn off the antivirus and everything else or I will be loading for an hour and a half.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:15 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

If you need a laptop mainly for blogging, I'd say don't go for a laptop with high specifications. You get mid range laptops costing around $500 which would fulfil your purpose I believe.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:38 PM
Camper

Any laptop is fine, i think you can go for refurbished HP Elitebook/Probook with 4GB RAM, this will be good for you.