Camper Community Forums banner

Buying property to build a camp site.

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ppine 
#1 ·
We bought a 1.5 acre piece of land for camping in the Adirondacks we have been a few times and other times we have been going there to just clean up the overgrown property while keeping as many trees as possible. Other times we just go have a picnic there.
Anyone else doing this. Future ideas maybe power and a well septic for long time stays. We are currently waiting for a survey to figure out the exact lines so we don't trespass any properties.

Here is a street view of the property.
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.445...4!1svh0mZIoQr0Sja3cirWHHeQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Here is a picture of the brook area.

No outhouse so we bring a portable toilet.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have been toying with the same idea. One-half to maybe one acre, put in a meter base, water meter and a septic tank and drop in with the camper. Maybe even rent it out on weekends when we weren't using it. Just trying to get a few other "ideas" paid off first.

#6 ·
I guess it depends on where you live. In the West, there is so much public land we go to new places all the time. Behind my back fence is one million acres of BLM land. I camp in my back yard sometimes. I like camping in the desert winter and the high mountains in summer. I can't imagine going to the same place all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.