Don't know where to ask, but - Page 2 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Don't know where to ask, but

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

I have been camping for quite a few years and have never had a problem. I am a beer drinker and don't try to hide. State Parks, Corp Parks, private campgrounds and even beaches basically say no alcohol permitted. I am a firm believer that if you have a beer or two quietly and behave yourself there is no problem. Many of the campgrounds we've been to I have talked to the local authority and they all have basically responded that consumption isn't a problem. The rule is on the "books" to prevent problems. If you make a nuisance of yourself and/or make a scene, there is a reason to make you leave. But DO inquire first!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

That's a good attitude garmp and have camped with people like you. Unfortunately, when others you don't want to inbibe see you, then that's when the trouble starts.

We have some camping friends where I have never seen the wife drink ANYTHING that does not have liquor in it. She was a former bartender and heavy drinking runs in her family. Generally, she has always been good except for one time she got out of hand and it was not pretty. I think her daughter's were very embarassed and it turned into a quiet night with everything breaking up early, but let's just all be careful and considerate out there. And if you are caught, deal with it nicely and righteously. I have seen it happen.

Hmmmm Silky1, not sure how to take that? Maybe I'm the friend, but I'll never tell nor admit it. I'm gonna step away so I can cut some cheese. Now if I can only find a box cutter for this wine container I have. "We serve no wine before..... HEY! It's time!"

2006 Ford F-250/350
2006 Montana 3500RL
Tent & Backpack with all the gear