Share Your Favorite Camping Stories Here - Page 2 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Share Your Favorite Camping Stories Here

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Tent

NO WAY Terri!!! Your story wasn't lame... it was hilarious!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 04:05 PM

cricket, you aren't the only one that has been in a tilted up tt. About 20 years ago I was really big into racing remote controlled cars and traveled all over to race them. This one particular trip I rented a fiberglass "Scamp", which as most know is known for it's light weight design and ease to pull. The kitchen area was turned into our pit area, working on cars during the race. Well, not knowing anything about pulling a camper, I just assumed that you disconnected it, and reconnected when you got ready to leave. A fellow racer joined me in this trip and we were all excited about the race. I was in the back of the camper (where the kitchen was located) and was preparing for the next race. Tommy, the other racer came in the camper to borrow a part or something and just as soon as he got to the back of the camper it began to tilt backwards. I realized what was happening, but Tommy, being Tommy began screaming at the top of his lungs. I started laughing and said "Hold on Tommy, we are going for a ride". He didn't think it was too funny. We managed to move our weight forwards and the camper was resting back on the tongue jack. The worse part was when we came walking out of the camper. Everyone was busting out laughing and Tommy and I turned beet red. We found some buckets and a couple pieces of wood to place under the rear bumper to keep it from happening again, but we were the blunt of a lot of jokes the rest of that weekend. Now those were the days.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Camping Fanatic
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

Default And the winners is....

Thanks to all for participating.

All of you were entered into a drawing, and the lucky winner randomly drawn was: terri01p

Congratulations!

Stay tuned for another contest to win other great camping gear.

Ford Mainline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Camping Guru

Congratulations Terri!!!!! Maybe this will make you feel better!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Congrats, do get feeling better!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

OH MY GOODNESS ! Just felt well enough to get online today and what do my watery eyes see..yea, I've won !

Well thank you very much, every dog has their day and I guess mine was today..hehe !

THANK YOU !
Old 03-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Camping Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to l2l

Congradulations Terri

http://www.prostateextremeteam.com/gifs/ribbon_sm.gif 2001 GMC Yukon 27' Shasta
Old 04-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Just received the checker board night stand, all I can say is SWEET !!
Thank you so vey much for it, and it's perfect timing, we will be going camping this weekend for the first time this season, can't wait to try it out somewhere other than our living room...lol

We did of course have to try it out , and let's just say I'm already the master of the game...hehe

Once again thanks so much, we are thrilled with it !
Old 04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Camping Fanatic

Outstanding, glad you received it, and like it!

Once you try it out, you could share a review of it in the product review section if you like

Yall heading out friday for camping?

Ford Mainline
Old 04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

We leave thursday for just a short camping trip and will be back monday with a review, we already have it packed ready to go !

Last edited by terri01p; 04-10-2008 at 01:24 PM..
Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 PM

As parents of 5 kids, and host to several others who "adopted" us, my wife and didnt get alot of time to spend with just the two of us. And as you can imagine with 5 kids money was always tight. Somehow we managed babysitters so that we could have a whole night just for us. We decided to spend it camping on the Pearl River, a sandbar that you could get to via an old logging road. Well my old truck got down the logging road just fine but didnt fair so well once I hit sand. It's OK I told her, I can just carry this stuff the last 100 yards or so and I'll get the truck out in the morning. While I set up camp my DW cooked us a steak (she is a great cook) over the campfire. We both finished about the same time and had a nice meal by firelight. Well...a bobcat also agreed that my wife was a great cokk and invited himself to supper. now I am an avid hunter, so it wasnt a big deal, until he decided the camp now belonged to him. He chased us back to our truck still stuck in the sand. Eveytime we opened the door he impolitely put us back in the truck...all night long. This was a 1971 truck, so not really made for comfort. After a long night of staring into the darkness the cat finally left. I pulled my OLD boat from the truck and pulled it 250 yards to the river so that I could paddle down river a mile or so and call someone to pull me out. That's when I found that the rubber in a boat plug can, and will dry rot, and leak, alot. LOL well after that lil episode, me and my buddy spend the next few HOURS with a come-a-long pulling my truck out. When it was finally free we walked down to the river to gather all the stuff we never got to use (thanks to the cat). We found a 8 foot alligator right in the middle of our camp. I gave up at that point and returned 2 days later to gather my things and pull my sunken boat out of the river. That was about 15 years ago and we still laugh and talk about that trip. AND... we still love camping. Go figure?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
_
Camper Type: None

Old 07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Camping Guru

It is AMAZING that you got your wife back in the wild after a run in with so much wild life!!!!

Surviving adversity together baby... that is what builds a strong relationship, and you two should have a relationship that is ROCK solid!

I love this story!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Camper

Default Fishing the hard way!

After my husband and I had taken a walk around the campground, we made a pit stop at the outhouse. I was waiting for him to come out when I heard a lot of #@[email protected]@!**. He comes rushing out with a look I will never forget. He say's "I dropped my keys in the outhouse". Now here is one time you can be greatful they haven't had the pooper sucker out for a while.
As we stand there trying to figure out what to do next, he realizes he needs to stay and keep anyone else from coming in and burying the keys. ( you must be thinking, don't you have another set? Well I did, but only to the car and not the house and not the lock on our utility trailer.) So I make a mad dash back to the campsite and yelled at the kids to grab all the fishing gear and a bucket. I then proceeded to grab a flashlight and the bottles of blue stuff for the porti-potty.
The girls and I head back to the outhouse where my hyusband is still standing guard, and the real fun begins. He must have had 10 keys on that thing and a leather thingy on the key chain. We spent at least 45 minutes tring to rig up the right combination of weights and big homemade hooks strong enough to lift the weight of his keys.
At some point the girls and I realize how stupid we must all look. Five of us with our heads and half our bodies and fishing poles sticking in an outhouse. We thank god it's on a Monday or Tuesday when the campground is quiet and half empty. We just started laughing till we almost cried (excluding my husband).
Finally he figured out not to use the line and hook and managed to pull them out with just the fishing pole. Plop they went into the bucket filled with the blue stuff and much more sanitizing went on after that for the rest of our trip.
Lesson learned, If you dont have pockets don't carry your keys tucked in to the band of your swim trunks!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:05 PM

Shannon, that is hilarious! I am sure you hubby didnt think so. That is one place I hope I never have to go fishing, or at least if I do, hope I dont catch anything.