Camper Community Forums banner

Howdy Neighbor

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Greywuff 
#1 ·
I realize this question is going to have as many answers as people to give one, but I'm asking for two reasons.
1. Cause I have never seen a stranger.
2. Cause maybe it'll pick up site participation a little.

So for the question...When you are camping and all set up on your lot, do you mind when neighbors say hello, stop by for a quick chat when they are on a walk, or invite you over to have a chat? Or, would you rather just be left alone and not interact with other campers?

#3 ·
I usually go out a ways where there are few people. We recently went out and it was opening day of hunting season. There were guys all over the place and a couple people stopped by to say hi. We left but not because they stopped by, I don't think it's a good idea for me to be out stomping through the brush while people are out shooting game. Somehow it doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Lol

#6 ·
I'm usually the guy that will say hi if you walk by my site, if you're walking a dog I might comment. If I'm doing the walking I usually make eye contact and say hi to people as I walk by. Usually I can tell right away whether people want to be bothered. If you "strike up a conversation" i'll usually chat with you for a bit, depending on the conversation and whether wifey is pulling me along to get someplace. (But she's generally pretty sociable as well.)
And, as some of the others have alluded to, I have spoken to people and later wondered what I was thinking when I did. (Wonder how many have thought that when I walk off? LOL)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.