Camper Community Forums banner

newbie Q about canopies

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  andrewover 
#1 ·
hello campers. I made this profile to ask you experts something. what I'm looking for is approx. a 10x15 canopy with a sun blocking roof of some sort and four walls. now what I'm imagining are four walls of a bug protective mesh, or something like that. looking for airflow over warmth. OK so on one on one of the skinny walls I'm imagining a magnetic clip system for the entrance. here's where it gets juicy. I live in the back of my '99 subaru outback. I do enjoy hanging out in it with the hatch opened all the way. now can I buy a canopy sort of thing where I can actually place the opposite wall to the entrance ON the car? I'm at a loss trying to think of a way to "seal" the wall around the entire vehicle, especially underneath. I'm trying to keep all bugs out of the canopy and vehicle. now has anyone here heard of such a thing out there in the wide wide world? would i buy thr size canopy i want and custom one of the walls myself? also I should note no one is planning on sleeping in the canopy area, I'm looking for something that can fit up to 8 lawn chairs or so. plus the rear of the vehicle with the hatch open. price and weight are no issue!!

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.