CamperCommunity Forums

CamperCommunity Forums (https://www.campercommunity.com/forum/)
-   Camping Discussion (https://www.campercommunity.com/forum/camping-discussion/)
-   -   Bathing while camping? (https://www.campercommunity.com/forum/camping-discussion/314-bathing-while-camping.html)

cassiem 02-06-2008 03:30 PM

Bathing while camping?

Ok campers, I am getting personal? :shocked:

Do you bathe when you go camping? I ask this because I have camped with many people that tend not to, just fresh clothes and they are done. I have to shower everyday, cant stand not too. We have camped with other people, luckily for me in their own tent :), but they didnt shower the whole time.

Is it common for you not to shower while on a camping trip?

l2l 02-06-2008 04:36 PM

I finally have a shower in my trailer that I can ACTUALLY use without becoming Hudini to get clean so I am thankful for that :10001:

I will use public showers but dont like to for obvious reasons.

antigua 02-06-2008 04:55 PM

I'm like you. I have to have a shower every day. I always have one before I go to bed. I don't care what time it is either. Now that I have a shower in the trailer, which for me is small but I manage. One of the first things I look for in any campground is how clean the washrooms are and I always where my flip flops.

bigbo4988 02-06-2008 07:05 PM

I always take a shower on the trip, but not always every day. Alot depends on if its hot and sticky, then heck yeah. But if its cool out, i can wait till the next morning. The problem using the camper shower is the dang tank fills up so fast. I have seen others run their grey water hose out in the woods, but I dont think your supposed to do that.

outbackshack 02-06-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiem (Post 1459)
We have camped with other people, luckily for me in their own tent :), but they didnt shower the whole time.

Sounds like a chapter from deer camp.

mariahdawn 02-06-2008 08:17 PM

I'll use a public shower if I am camping more than 3 days

ctfortner 02-06-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outbackshack (Post 1486)
Sounds like a chapter from deer camp.

I hear that outback, exactly what I was thinking. Few guys at deer camp for a few days will make you cry

billyj 02-07-2008 06:12 AM

We usually take showers daily as well. The only time we dont is when its not real hot. But after sitting by the fire all day, you smell like a smoke bomb and I just feel dirty

cricket2 02-07-2008 06:54 AM

Every Day!

I have to shower everyday, no questions asked. Like someone else stated, I take one no matter what time, just cant go to bed without a shower.

Willy 02-07-2008 07:39 AM

I usually take one daily, but sometimes while camping the day gets away from me. If it gets late, I will skip it, but generally take one the next day. I DONT go the whole trip without one

cassiem 02-07-2008 10:06 AM

Well, I am glad to hear that most of you shower regularly :10001:

That is a plus in my book. Its not fun to be snugglin with a sweaty/dirty man, I will say that much :shocked:

mailfire99 02-07-2008 12:58 PM

I am so glad to see we are all clean campers here. I am not gonna hang out with yall if you dont shower :)

roadhouse 02-29-2008 07:36 PM

We use to tent camp in the backwoods(state land, no campgrounds). So a shower wasn't an option. Most of those trips where 3-4 days. We would try to find a lake, river, stream to clean up one or two days.

Staying in campgrounds I shower everyday. We also backwoods camp with our camper now, and I will shower at least once over the weekend. It's hard you can only take so much water with ya, and the gray tank is only so big. I try to leave most of the water for the wife and kids on those trips.

ctfortner 02-29-2008 08:17 PM

You dont stand a chance in the shower if your dry camping, I think I recall you having 4 women in that camper....No chance :whip:

roadhouse 02-29-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfortner (Post 2145)
You dont stand a chance in the shower if your dry camping, I think I recall you having 4 women in that camper....No chance :whip:

exactly.....I get about a gallon of water and the outside shower:sad: