Camper Community Forums banner

Bathing while camping?

40K views 81 replies 55 participants last post by  ppine 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok campers, I am getting personal? :shocked:

Do you bathe when you go camping? I ask this because I have camped with many people that tend not to, just fresh clothes and they are done. I have to shower everyday, cant stand not too. We have camped with other people, luckily for me in their own tent :), but they didnt shower the whole time.

Is it common for you not to shower while on a camping trip?

#3 ·
I'm like you. I have to have a shower every day. I always have one before I go to bed. I don't care what time it is either. Now that I have a shower in the trailer, which for me is small but I manage. One of the first things I look for in any campground is how clean the washrooms are and I always where my flip flops.

#4 ·
I always take a shower on the trip, but not always every day. Alot depends on if its hot and sticky, then heck yeah. But if its cool out, i can wait till the next morning. The problem using the camper shower is the dang tank fills up so fast. I have seen others run their grey water hose out in the woods, but I dont think your supposed to do that.

#13 ·
We use to tent camp in the backwoods(state land, no campgrounds). So a shower wasn't an option. Most of those trips where 3-4 days. We would try to find a lake, river, stream to clean up one or two days.

Staying in campgrounds I shower everyday. We also backwoods camp with our camper now, and I will shower at least once over the weekend. It's hard you can only take so much water with ya, and the gray tank is only so big. I try to leave most of the water for the wife and kids on those trips.

#18 ·
When I was growing up we went camping in places with lakes, and campgrounds, but no showers. I always would go to the lake and shampoo, and use soap. I would come out with wet hair. I air dried it, and it was short then. But I couldn't stand being dirty, so I had to do something. When we got the camper bus, there wasn't any shower in it.

#22 ·
I'll use the public showers, after checking them out. As a backup I'll use the one in the camper, unless we have a sewer hookup, then I'll use the one in the camper. I hate to have to dump the black water while still camping. Sewer hookups makes everything so much easier. I carry around a 15 gallon port-a-dump, but hate to use it. :smack-head:

#23 ·
Wow - I have never seen one of those solar shower's before! It's cheap and looks easy to use. It looks like the right size for what you need too. Thanks for the information. It's absolutely better than stinking. Did I say stinking? :scratchhead: I meant to say it's better than not showering at all.:10220:

#24 ·
showers

Most facilitys in Michigan have really nice showers..The state has put in all new shower houses in the parks. So normally I will use the shower houses while my wife uses the camper as sometimes its to far for her to walk. She uses the water sparingly by Turning it on and off when not rincing off. I have gotten lazy and not turned on the hot water heater on the first night and taken cold showers in the camper... not good... I wont be so lazy this year..LOL...

#25 ·
Nice showers in Michigan

I will say that if we had those showers in our campground, I'd use them. You can tell right away is something is clean or not. The places we had growing up didn't have them. I use the technique of only use that water when rinsing off. It does save you water.:10220:

#29 ·
I was going to ask what kind of Mosquito spray you use for your little girl? I used to use "Off' when we camped as kids, it did very well with no rashes. Recently, at my mother-in-laws house, I used the Avon "Skin -So-Soft". They had large amounts of black flies that bite. So they kept biting the girls all the time. That kept them off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.