Bathing while camping? - Page 5 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Bathing while camping?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Some soap, water, sponge, and a towel and I'm good. Don't need a running shower. Don't really care if other campers don't shower. I'm not going to go around sniffing arses, and armpits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Camper
Camper Type: None

Some of these comments are funny, actually kinda painfull too. Yuppie city slickers who go out to the bush thinking they will stay squeaky clean. Oh my god I can't stand going without a shower for any longer than 8 hours! Do these people have real fires, or do they just go to Wal Mart and buy those fake propane fire pits. I suppose they bring their laptops and xboxes too. Do they roast hot dogs over a fire, or do they just throw them in the microwave. I suppose they don't even drink beer when they are out there. Camping is all about dirt, blackend food, talking bulls#*t stories over a smoky fire, and beer. Grab a wash pan, soap, water, and washcloth. Give your hands and face a quick cleanup and move on and enjoy the day. If you don't want to be dirty for a couple days, you should just rent a hotel room for a weekend.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

bombfire you are somewhat right,but i have found out the hard way that if i dont shower at least 2 or 3 times in a 9 day camping excursion,my wife will cut me off,per say untill i go clean up,or at least wash my hands and face and a few unmentionable places as well,but if i am by my self in the great outdoors who cares if i go with out a shower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: 5th Wheel

Oh yeah hide out a two dayer then I can make it shower before shower get home im happy. A week long then yeah bath house or my shower hopefully full hook ups I guess it all depends on what your doing and temperature to.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

Most campsites have free showers. if your out in the middle of nowhere find a stream and use campsoap. its biodegradable and eco friendly. they also sell portable showers. its a big bag you fill with water and hang in a tree. let the sun warm it up a bit and go to town
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Interesting Thread! Indeed -- who are these people? As a lifelong camper, I do not shower every day (when camping) -- unless it is particularly hot/humid. But, I do take a shower every couple of days -- three days max. Just depends on the particular environment. Of course, swimming in the lake or waterfall are sometimes a good substitute.

Several years ago the MN State parks system sold a t-shirt in their camp-offices that said very clearly on the front;

Same Shirt
Different Day

They were wonderful! I bought a whole bunch of them for myself and many of my friends. Everyone "gets" it.

Of course, it is one shirt that you can't actually wear for two days because EVERYONE will immediately notice.
RempRack Pickup Bed Bike Rack (5 bikes)

Camping and Biking with Family! The BEST!
Old 02-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Why not! I used to have a shower bag that comes with a hose, that you can actually hang on a tree. But now there are these shower tents. I guess you could invest in one depending on the length of your stay.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:40 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Primitive

Unless I actually get DIRTY by getting like mud in my hair or something, this is generally my bathing plan
Overnights= Why bother, I can shower when I get home.
2-5 days = Disposable wipes or water in a bucket with a washcloth.
5+ days = Shower if available, mainly to wash dirt out of hair.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Camper

I love this thread
Old 05-16-2019, 05:16 AM
Camper

Hi Cassiem. Everybody should bathe, especially when go far away, in mountains or going to visit fjords (like I am going to visit Norway and this link https://www.norwayfjordtravel.com will help me in it), I always take with me some water - to drink and to have a bath. If place, where I am going, would have a bathroom the worst thing that could happen - I will have a few bottles of water, but I prefer places where I can relax, without people and waste. So that is my opinion.
Hi Shadow, how can you do that? I can't sleep if I will not take a bath.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:49 AM
Addicted Camper
Camper Type: Popup

Why does this forum attract so many people advertising a website - and just about always a site that has zero to do with the topic at hand?
Old 05-16-2019, 09:58 AM
Enthusiastic Camper

Personally, its easy and lazy to camp rough, but it takes style to camp and stay clean. If you don't keep clean, you can pick up any kind of potential hazards from bites, which you may not know until you wash and see under any dirt. Not worth a trip to the doctors/hospital in my opinion.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Camper
Camper Type: Primitive

Get a 1 or 2 gallon garden sprayer, paint it black, fill and set it in the sun for a few hours. If it's a cold day, heat some water on the fire or camp stove and add it to the sprayer. Pump it up and get clean.
Old Today, 09:34 AM
Camper

People don't take a shower during camping because of various complications. I'm a person like you, I cannot stand without taking a shower.

So, I bought a Coleman portable hot tub. I just love it.

https://rvingreviews.com/rv-living/p...tub-for-rvers/

Setup is super easy, and I had it set up and inflated in about 45 minutes. Once inflated, it was time to put in water.

I've did camping in North Jersey, so it has been very cold on some nights (down to about 10F). As long as the pump and heater stay on, the temperature stays toasty.

I've had it now for almost a full month, and there's not really any noticeable amount of air pressure change that wouldn't have been related to lower temperatures.

I keep it clean with these bromine tabs in a little floater that comes with the tub.