Bathing while camping? - Page 3 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Bathing while camping?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 04:34 AM

It depends. Am I camping on the second Thursday of the month?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 AM
_
Camper Type: None

Definitely bathe everyday if I'm in a campground. When tent camping in a CG that has no showers, we will use the solar shower. We found that boiling a small pot of water then filling the rest with cold would make it sufficient. The "solar" part never really gets it too hot (okay in the summer, but when it's chilly out...).

In the back woods, if only out for one or two nights I might just take some baby wipes and clean up with those.

We had an outdoor shower rigged on a friend of mine's property years ago (before we finished building their cabin), down from where we used to sit around outside (it was close to where our tents where). We would go shower as couples to conserve water. We had no tarp - didn't need one. However, one trip I got there last, and nobody that was sitting around the fire bothered to tell me something. I go to setup my tent, and walked up on one of the couples showering.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

Talking You bet

After Nam and the weather made sure our coach has a shower and I use it evey night don't like stinking and sleeping. LOL DW also enjoys this habbit also. You just never know what just might happen in the dark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 05:55 AM

Bathing in Trailers but when gysears are in trailers it would be very smoke in trailers .
Old 12-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Camper

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiestcamper View Post
... However, one trip I got there last, and nobody that was sitting around the fire bothered to tell me something. I go to setup my tent, and walked up on one of the couples showering.
They should be literally showering......
Old 06-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Camper

We don't camp in campgrounds that have showers or anything like that so we usually just jump in the lake with some biodegradable soap every couple of days.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Camper

Default Eeeeek!

This? This is why camping skeeves me out! I can't bear to think of not showering every day if it's hot and humid out, and especially if we've been swimming in a lake. I have really sensitive skin, so that's another consideration - I have to wash off the lake ick or I get really itchy and break out.

It will be interesting to see how my hubby and son come home from Cub Scout camp next week - wonder if they will be gross and stinky. ICK!

__________________________________________________ ___
The LED flashlight - the ultimate camping companion!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Camper

yep, im like you, and i cant even sleep tight without a shower.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

if you are out at elk camp,in a tent 100 miles from a shower,then you dont shower every day,but i will heat up water from local river and wash my body with a wash rag and soap,and then rinse off with water warmed up on a open fire,now my hunting partner,or should i say my wife,needs a little more care,and hot water,and a privacy tent set up,so she can wash up,free of me and my binocks,sorry got a little carried away with my post,a person should allways wash up every day.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Popup

If not showers around we improvise, there is no excuses. Some hygiene when wandering in the woods is important, besides being smelly, you can carry some unwanted little people to the campsite, tent, and bed.

We have a privacy tent that the girls really love. If showering is a must have, the small Zodi battery shower complemented by boiling some water in a fire makes you feel like new.
Coopercrew5 likes this.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Enthusiastic Camper
Camper Type: Tent

Showering while tent camping - blasphemy! And no shaving either!
Be one with nature.
Soapy wash cloth and fresh deodorant for the armpits, and brushed teeth -good to go.

plus you get to enjoy the strange looks you get when you stop somewhere on the way home.

Gus
"Of course I trust my political representatives ... just not with my liberties or my wallet" :GAW
Old 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Enthusiastic Camper

First off...been gone for about a year and a half...good to see familiar names on here still!

I like to shower every OTHER day while camping. Shaving is out. I try to become Grizzly Adams, if possible. I'm relaxing. But being clean is important, too! However, I'm CAMPING. I don't need to shower/bathe every day....it really depends on the bug spray/sweating situation...if I've done a lot of it that day, I'll shower up in one of a few ways, all have been mentioned - CG showers, Trailer shower or hop in the lake w/biodegradable soap.

I hope I actually get to camp this year, after having a broken ankle last year kept me away from that (and GOLF) for the whole year. It all depends on business, since I'm now working for myself (own a DJ company), and need to make sure the bills are paid!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Camper

We are lucky enough to have a shower in the trailer, but before that I found that baby wipes are a nice refresher!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Camper
Camper Type: Motorhome

baby wipes do work well. That is basically what hospitals use on patients who are bed bound and unable to get into the shower.

I don't mine using a public shower most of the time, once we were on the Outer Banks and the public showers only had cold water, so I didn't shower that weekend.

In the motorcoach the shower is kinda small for me, but I use it when I have too.

Definitely no showering during deer season
Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Camper

Talking New here =)

Gotta say, this site is fantastic!! I went camping with a few friends last year for 3 days, at a campgrounds with no running water. We were on a lake so it didn't matter too much. But this year we're staying for a full week and we really needed to find a way to shower. I'm ordering a couple solar-bags and grabbing a tarp to setup. Great advice! =D