Bathing while camping? - Page 2 - CamperCommunity Forums

Join Now!

Go Back   CamperCommunity Forums > Camping > Camping Discussion

Bathing while camping?

CamperCommunity.com is the premier Camper Community Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Travel Trailer

I dont know if i could clean much with a gallon of water, but I guess you just learn to make due.....
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhouse View Post
exactly.....I get about a gallon of water and the outside shower
I would much rather have you use one gallon, versus none. If you use it wisely, you can clean up ok with that. Heck, thats how they did it back in the day, before showers
Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 AM

When I was growing up we went camping in places with lakes, and campgrounds, but no showers. I always would go to the lake and shampoo, and use soap. I would come out with wet hair. I air dried it, and it was short then. But I couldn't stand being dirty, so I had to do something. When we got the camper bus, there wasn't any shower in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Camping Guru
Camper Type: Tent

I do have to say this... sometimes we get so far away from what camping was intended to be that we forget about contraptions like these:

CW Gear&reg Solar Shower - Camping World

A tarp to keep everyone from staring and a sunny day and I have everything I need to be fresh and clean if the shower house is too slimy for me!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Camping Fanatic

I havent ever tried one of these, but that if I did much dry camping, I would definitely try it out. That would be much better than no bathing at all. Plus

Ford Mainline
Old 03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Camping Fanatic

I havent ever tried one of these, but that if I did much dry camping, I would definitely try it out. That would be much better than no bathing at all. Plus, I couldnt imagine my little after 2 or 3 days with no shower of some kind

Ford Mainline
Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 AM

I'll use the public showers, after checking them out. As a backup I'll use the one in the camper, unless we have a sewer hookup, then I'll use the one in the camper. I hate to have to dump the black water while still camping. Sewer hookups makes everything so much easier. I carry around a 15 gallon port-a-dump, but hate to use it.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Wow - I have never seen one of those solar shower's before! It's cheap and looks easy to use. It looks like the right size for what you need too. Thanks for the information. It's absolutely better than stinking. Did I say stinking? I meant to say it's better than not showering at all.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 AM

Default showers

Most facilitys in Michigan have really nice showers..The state has put in all new shower houses in the parks. So normally I will use the shower houses while my wife uses the camper as sometimes its to far for her to walk. She uses the water sparingly by Turning it on and off when not rincing off. I have gotten lazy and not turned on the hot water heater on the first night and taken cold showers in the camper... not good... I wont be so lazy this year..LOL...
Old 03-03-2008, 01:35 PM

Default Nice showers in Michigan

I will say that if we had those showers in our campground, I'd use them. You can tell right away is something is clean or not. The places we had growing up didn't have them. I use the technique of only use that water when rinsing off. It does save you water.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Camping Fanatic

I am just glad we are a clean group of campers

Ford Mainline
Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 AM

Yeah, this would not be recommended . Take that extra minute or 2 and get that hot water rolling
Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Camping Extraordinaire

the child definitely gets a shower everyday because we have to use mosquito spray at night and she has sensative skin so she would have problems if we didn't get the spray off of her. I may go one day without a shower but that is the limit.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 PM

I was going to ask what kind of Mosquito spray you use for your little girl? I used to use "Off' when we camped as kids, it did very well with no rashes. Recently, at my mother-in-laws house, I used the Avon "Skin -So-Soft". They had large amounts of black flies that bite. So they kept biting the girls all the time. That kept them off.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Camping Fanatic

We always use stuff that has 10% deet or less for the little one. I think the spray we have has 7% deet in it. There is also some great tips from other members here

Ford Mainline